JOS decks 8 & 9 inside cabins pros/cons

We will be booking an inside cabin on the jewel and would like to hear the pros & cons of specific cabins from your experience. We have never booked an inside cabin on previous cruises, and the only Royal ship has been the FOS.

I know it is very dark but we bring the battery operated candles so think we'll be OK with that.

What I would like to know is about cabins that you would recommend we avoid - noise, vibration etc.

if there's a cabin that stands out to you to be an exceptional choice please share that also.

Thank you!

On my Jewel cruise in September, I had cabin 2001 and I loved it. It was not attached to any other room, and although the hallway was long, the departure door for all the ports was on deck 2, so it was a simple and easy walk down the hall when I got back on the ship.

I'd take this room again in a heartbeat!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Thank you! I had looked at that cabin and wondered about the noise from everyone coming back from their excursions. Someone else had commented that their cabin was up against the crew quarters so it was noisy, 2005 or 2015 I think it was. A website that gives opinions on cabins mentioned that the cabins on deck 2 are next to a restaurant - don't see that on the deck plan but maybe its for the crew?

Will take a look at 2001 again - the walk doesn't bother us, need to keep those desserts off the hips! ;)

I haven't been on that ship, but we always book inside & haven't had any problems with light, noise etc. (We never plan to spend a lot of time in there but then we do... So even with quite a bit of time in the cabin, no problems.)

We'll be on the 4th floor in an inside in 2 weeks on Grandeur.;)

That's good to know! We'll definitely book a cabin with cabins above & below us, unless we decide on deck 2, I am a very light sleeper and have trouble getting back to sleep, so want to avoid cabins with noise issues.

Enjoy the grandeur!

Please keep the advice coming :)

Virtopia, do you know what was on either side of 2001? It looks like maybe a hallway on 1 side? If so, was there a lot of traffic there?

Do you know if the staff quarters are behind the other inside cabins? In case 2001 is taken I want to have a backup plan.

Thx! :)