Francesco Marrapesse

Tyleen: You simply go to the 'Search this Forum' or 'Search' tab/link at the top of this website and type in his name. If you use the 'Search' link, just do a search for the 'Europe' forum.

Hope you can follow my directions. Let me know if you need help.

I tried and didn't find anything on him. But that's OK I think I'll book him anyway. His e-mail was prompt and very courteous.

This is the 1st cruise for me and the 1st time in Europe so I'm soooo excited.

I tried and didn't find anything on him. But that's OK I think I'll book him anyway. His e-mail was prompt and very courteous.

This is the 1st cruise for me and the 1st time in Europe so I'm soooo excited.

We used him and he was great. My teenagers loved him and so did we.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YES YES YES!!! I posted in here earlier we returned last week from our cruise and we LOVED Francesco! I had typed up a review of our trip, but CC deleted it when I went to post it...grrr.

Francesco was wonderful! He speaks excellent English and is very funny and entertaining. He is a great driver...doesn't drive too fast and takes the turns nice and easy on the coast drive.

He was early to pick us up and then brought us straight to Pompeii. He waited a couple hours for us while we rushed to get through Pompeii. Then drove us near Sorrento (I don't think we actually went all the way through there as it would have been too long), the Amalfi Coast, Positano, and then Ravello. He made reservations for us at a great restaurant in Ravello with magnificent views of the water. (If you eat Pasta anywhere in Italy, be sure to ask them to cook the pasta longer. Al dente there is undercooked to us here. Everyone in our tours complained about that throughout Italy.) Then we had some free time to walk and shop around Ravello. Along the way we also made a couple stops for pictures and shopping. We stopped at a ceramics shop and a produce stand. Buy the produce...we got peaches, grapes, figs, and they were delicious! The lady also sold these spices for pasta sauces that we all bought (she let us try the bruschetta and it was so yummy). He drove us back to Naples through the back way or through the mountains; we were very high up. He got us back with time to spare and all of six of us thought he was fabulous. Our only regret was that we did not give him a larger tip (miscalculation on our part).

Have a great time...I hope you enjoy him as much as we did!

Hi Karen, Robin here.

We were part of Karen's tour and Francesco was magnificent! He was very professional and, at the same time, hysterical. He kept us amused the whole day and also lavished us with unlimited information on the areas we were touring.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your group Karen!:D

Francesco is WONDERFUL !! His charge is per vehicle. His van was very comfortable. We had four people - six would be very comfortable - eight might fit but someone would be in the middle. He will advise you on number of people, but the charge is the same regardless.

Francesco is WONDERFUL !! His charge is per vehicle. His van was very comfortable. We had four people - six would be very comfortable - eight might fit but someone would be in the middle. He will advise you on number of people, but the charge is the same regardless. He is very reasonable. Our tour was from Naples down the coast and to Pompei on the way back. He knows how to avoid the worst traffic to make sure you return to the ship on time. He reserved a separate guide for us at Pompei who was well worth it.

Francesco charged us based on the number of people, but the cost went down per person when you had more people. The car he took us in would only fit up to 7 passengers in addition to Francesco. He took us to Pompeii first since it is cooler in the morning and then we drove along the coast. To return to the port, he takes you the back way through the mountains and we hit no traffic in either direction.

Archived