Adventure Ocean Questions

Hi Everyone

My husband and I want to take our 5 year old twin boys on Allure in November of 2014. Both my husband and I have been on several cruises in the past but this will be our kids first cruise. I have been reading up on Adventure Ocean and was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions both of us have.

1. Safety is our main concern. What does Royal Caribbean do to ensure all children are accounted for and do not escape.

2. Will there be many children on this cruise? If so will they still hold the kids programs? We are looking at November 16th 2014, so a time when school is in session.

3. What is the ratio of adults to children. For example how many AO staff as usually on hand in a given day.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am a worry wart and I just was looking for a piece of mind before we go ahead and book. My kids are both friendly and go to daycare so I know activity wise they will have fun in Adventure Ocean.

We cruised on Indy in November. My eldest had just turned 7, my youngest had his fourth birthday during the cruise. They both went to Adventure Ocean.

All kids (age 2 or 3 and up?) have a wristband which shows their muster station; it was out on before we boarded (though replaced as needed during the cruise). They did a muster drill at AO on the second or third day, in which the kids were gathered into their muster station groups; in an emergency, AO staff would then bring them to the actual muster stations to meet parents.

When you register the kids at Adventure Ocean, you'll have to list who is allowed to sign them in/out. Each age grouping has it's own room and sign-in/sign-out area, and the gate to enter the room is latched. The staff are easily identifiable, and there are photos posted with their names and bios (where from, what degrees, etc.

There were 104 kids on our cruise, and there was full AO programming on offer. Aside from the drop-off hours, there were also family activities, such as family science.

I don't know what the ratios are, since there were relatively few kids on the cruise. Some times, it was four kids to an adult! I assume they have a maximum size and/or have staff available for larger numbers, but I really don't know.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

Edited by BearsAhoy

My 5 year old will be on his 5th cruise in 2 weeks on Grandeur, his first RCCL cruise.

In the past he has been on Carnival & HAL and he loved the kids programs.

Parents or guardians have to retrieve & drop off the kids - they have cameras, etc. So I was never worried about my young child escaping - I believe when they are older they have more freedom to leave of their own accord.

Numbers are hard to judge though you could expect higher numbers during school holidays. My son was barely ever alone (other kids his age) & we have never sailed during school holidays.

Not sure the ratio - but it always felt adequate.