Allure in Cozumel

Sorry posting this on this board because I'd like specific responses based on people who have been on the Allure. We are thing of doing the bar hop tour that goes to the east side of the island. Our biggest questions is, do they pick you up at the pier or do you need to cab somewhere?

also, are the drinks and food fairly priced? about how much time do you spend at each location, enough to sit down and eat?

Sorry posting this on this board because I'd like specific responses based on people who have been on the Allure. We are thing of doing the bar hop tour that goes to the east side of the island. Our biggest questions is, do they pick you up at the pier or do you need to cab somewhere?

also, are the drinks and food fairly priced? about how much time do you spend at each location, enough to sit down and eat?

Haven't done the bar hop but we did do a day pass at Nachi Cocum and it was awesome! They only take 100 people so its not crowded, no vendors and ALL food and drinks are included. We had the best food, drinks and service all day long!

The have a beautiful beach with chairs and umbrella and also have a pool with a swim up bar.

You do have to book online......just a thought if you enjoy good food/ drinks!

I have been on the bar hop 2 times. Hands down the best thing I have done in Cozumel. As a matter fact, I almost booked the Western again for my next cruise just to go back to this side of Cozumel. (Eastern won out because it's been many years, and the week was convenient for everyone).

To answer your questions:

1. When you book and it is confirmed with a minimum # of guests, Tom (the operator) will email you with the location they meet. Historically it was always at the Starbucks downtown. I've heard the Starbucks closed recently so I am sure he has a new location. We did take a cab from International Pier where RCI docks. It was around $5 + tip for the two of us, I think. Definitely under $10.

They do drop you off directly at your ship on the way back. I think they do the meeting spot to save time at the beginning. They are very aware and very good about ensuring you get back with time to spare.

2. I found the food to be moderately priced. Not over priced but not necessarily cheap either. The food was very good at all stops. Between the 2 different trips we ate something at all places. The coconut shrimp at Rasta's (last stop) is incredible. I want to say it's around $14. That's the only price I sort of remember. The drinks were also very affordable. You get a free drink/shot at each of the 4 places (if you have fewer people and everyone is good at getting back on the shuttle in time, there might be a 5th stop. We did on the first trip, not on the 2nd). You can take your drinks on the shuttle with you. They will give you a to go cup and you can take it into the next bar. I don't remember the specific prices, but for the size of drinks, it seems they were on par or cheaper than the ship prices.

Talking about prices, that side of the island does not have electricity (it is sun up to sun down only) and runs on generators for the food. they do not take credit cards only cash. They do take some pictures along the way and at the last stop the lady taking the pictures will walk around and show you them. It is not a hard sale at all...just "do you want to look at your picture?". "Sure". "Nah, I don't want to buy" "OK, have a great vacation". It was really refreshing to be honest.

The beaches are pristine and uninhabited. It really is wonderful. I'm jealous now. LOL. (BTW, I would recommend even for non drinkers. It is more of a beach hop than a bar hop in that sense).

Thank you for the suggestion, the place looks nice. Do you remember how far it was from the pier or how much the ride was?

Nachi Cocom is about 10 minutes away and cost about $15 each way (total, not per person), plus tip. Nachi itself is $55 per person, plus tip. Figure $10 to $20 per person tip, depending on how much you make the waiter do. We kept him busy bringing us drinks and food right to our beach lounge chair and tipped $20 per person. We booked through Island Marketing "Cozumel Beach Break". http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

As I recall, Nachi Cocom wants cash, not credit cards. So bring enough cash to pay the balance of the $55 plus tip money plus cab money. Plan to leave Nachi no later than one hour before ship sailing, to allow time for the taxi plus walking back to the ship. 90 minutes might be safer, in case there are any road delays. Note that there are not a lot of activities here -- it is more of a "relax and do nothing" place, although there are some activities if you want them. And it is more of an adult place -- not a lot of stuff for kids to do here in my opinion.

Edited by Jimnbigd