San Juan beaches?

edwardsm

We will be in Old San Juan for a few hours via cruise ship. Are there any nice beaches near the cruise ship port worth visiting for a couple hours? We will visit the forts but a beach will be nice too.

We are not the snorkeling type. Just want to lay out and walk in the water for an hour or 2.

We will be in Old San Juan for a few hours via cruise ship. Are there any nice beaches near the cruise ship port worth visiting for a couple hours? We will visit the forts but a beach will be nice too.

We are not the snorkeling type. Just want to lay out and walk in the water for an hour or 2.

Not too many beaches in OSJ, but you could take the bus to Condado Beach, I think its 75 cents each way. Just ask at the bus station, right near the port which bus to take and which one to take back. It's a decent beach, lots of waves. Here is a quick video I took last Jan. It's not a great video, but it's an overview shot of the beach. About second 8 or 9 you can see the sidewalk that juts out into the water a little bit. The waves were higher this day and you can see by the clouds a bit of rain is coming. This was also shot early on a Sunday morning. I have a few other videos of some ports etc that might interest you, once again, I am not a pro videographer but it can help show what something looks like.

We went to isla verde last week and had a great day. Plenty of food, drinks and activities. Taxi was around 22 for up to 5 people and around 15-20 mins each way. We got to the beach early (around 8) and left around 1. We still had plenty of time to do some shopping in osj and be back on board by 3.

We went to isla verde last week and had a great day. Plenty of food, drinks and activities. Taxi was around 22 for up to 5 people and around 15-20 mins each way. We got to the beach early (around 8) and left around 1. We still had plenty of time to do some shopping in osj and be back on board by 3.

That sounds great where did you go to have drinks and food on the beach?