Booking your next cruise on board

Maya_Lou

Hi there! I read a lot about passengers booking their next cruise while on the ship because they get a better deal. Is that really the case? We looked at doing it last year and didn't, but maybe someone can explain to me why so many seem to do it? Thanks!

Hi there! I read a lot about passengers booking their next cruise while on the ship because they get a better deal. Is that really the case? We looked at doing it last year and didn't, but maybe someone can explain to me why so many seem to do it? Thanks!

They do not give you a better deal than what you can book on your own, but you will get OBC - $75 for up to 6 day, $100 for 7-8 day, $200 for 12 or more days.

We booked this year's B2B while on our January 2013 B2B. Also plan on booking January 2015 B2B while on our cruise in a couple of weeks.

You just need to figure out what ship, dates, itinery you want before you go so you are ready when it comes time to book it.

Here are the details...

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Valor, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend (Europe sailings) and Carnival Sensation.

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-11 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

• The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Here's hoping you can take advantage of this deal. Bon Voyage!

There is no future cruise desk on the valor?:(

That wouldn't surprise me. I've found that there isn't a Future Cruise Desk on all ships, but haven't been aboard "Valor" for quite some time, so I'm not 100% sure, either way.

"SKY"

Keep in mind that the OBC is based on double occupancy. I booked a 5 day solo cruise on board but only received $25 OBC.

How long ago was that? Since solo cruisers pay the double occupancy price now, they are supposed to get the whole OBC. This was changed a couple of years ago, and I did take advantage of it. I got $100 OBC for a 7 day cruise. It's listed on the last line:

On Board Credit Offer

Here are the details...

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Valor, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend (Europe sailings) and Carnival Sensation.

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

• The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Here's hoping you can take advantage of this deal. Bon Voyage!

Is the onboard credit good for the cruise you are currently on or for the cruise that you book?

One word of caution. After you buy the certificate, the Carnival price may go down and you may apply for the reduction with Military and Saver type purchases. I had the experience where I lost the $100 OBC after accepting the reduction. Later I learned that that should not have happened. After several calls to Carnival, they agreed and the credit was restored. it seems some of the sales representatives confuse the "Purchase a cruise while on a cruise" certificate with the FCC certificate and they should not be handled in the same manner.

Is the onboard credit good for the cruise you are currently on or for the cruise that you book?

...the OBC is for the future cruise. They are not going to give you $200 to spend now because you might later cancel the future cruise. That's also the way the now discontinued Future Cruise Voucher worked.

How long ago was that? Since solo cruisers pay the double occupancy price now, they are supposed to get the whole OBC. This was changed a couple of years ago, and I did take advantage of it. I got $100 OBC for a 7 day cruise. It's listed on the last line:

On Board Credit Offer

I booked a cruise that had no solo supplement. Couple of months ago. I should have clarified that.

Edited by tncap