We ran out of ports to go to. :(

marylp

So it appears that on our trip next week to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, we will have run out of new ports to explore. It appears that sailing out of Nawlins go to the same places as out of Galveston. In order to see new ports we would have to fly out to lets say Florida. We would be like paying for another cruise with all the added expenses. Am I right? I never did get to see Calica because Carnival quit going and never seen Costa Maya either.:(

Just hoping they add new ports otherwise we keep going over again to the same places. Anyone else?:(

It would be nice if there was some 10 and 11 day cruises from Galveston/Nola that went to different ports.

4 cruiselines and basically all the same ports except the Key west/Bahamas itinerary:rolleyes:

We have no problem flying to Florida and go to islands we want. We did it for years from SFO.

We are totally land locked here ( and currently it is warmer in Alaska than Illinois:eek:) so we have no choice but to fly to ports. If you watch for deals you may be able to make up some of the cost difference. I would take an inside cabin if I had to to afford the travel:)

I feel the same way. We drove to Ft Lauderdale just to go to Haiti along with the usual Jamaica and Cozumel. I was remaking that it would be nice to see longer and more varied crises out of Galveston. I wish one of the cruise lines would try it and see how popular it would be.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Princess in particular needs to offer some variations on their itinerary. For three years it has been the same Cozumel-Belize-Roatan. We live in Houston and prefer Princess over the other lines that sail from Galveston/Houston, but if they never change their itinerary, I can't see them filling ships forever...

Unfortunately, you will most likely have to go to other home ports to see other Caribbean ports. It's simply a matter of time, distance, and what the bulk of the cruising public seems to want.

7 day cruises out of New Orleans or Houston can only get so far into the Caribbean before they must turn around to be back in time. That limits the ports that are available to those that fit the geographic constraints.

If the cruise lines offered 11 or 14 day cruises out of these ports, they could go farther into the Caribbean, but the 7 day cruise seems to be the magic number with most people.

One way to get around this is to shop for discount airfares to other port cities, such as Orlando, Miami, Tampa. Better still, shop for discount fares to cities near the port cities. You might have to travel at odd times, or go a day or two early to make the fares work out, but many people do it.

Edited by VideoTech

• 2 weeks later...