Solo Cruising Under 35?

Pnkgirl25

I am 32 years old and have made 2014 the year I travel more. I have added a cruise to my to do list. I have a boyfriend but he has an INSANE schedule and do to being on call 80% of the time traveling is hard for him. For my friends traveling is just not a priority for them. I don't really mind doing alone but I feel like most solo cruisers are going to be 50+. Is this the case? I though about doing a singles cruise but I'm not "single" and to me single cruises are for the 25 year old drunk crowd which I am not.

I plan on going regardless but I just want to know what to expect.

HI there - I def agree with a lot of the people that replied to you here , you are not too young to enjoy yourself as a solo - just make sure you pick the right itinerary and right cruise line. NCL would be the safest bet in a studio cabin , also the Carib Itineraries will have younger whilst the Med will tend to be slight older - saying that both times on NCL Epic I met a good bunch of people that I still stay in touch with , some of us even did the Epic second time around Italy after the Carib. If you really want a younger crowd to hang with go during spring break ;-)

• 2 months later...

I'm 28 and planning my 2nd solo cruise on NCL Breakaway to celebrate my birthday. My last was on NCL Jewel, and due to the time of year and ship (early Dec) it probably was the main reason I didn't see too many solos around my age group. I completely understand not wanting to be around the younger 20s crowd that loves to party 24/7.

I wasn't completely bored but this was because I had a balcony cabin and I'm pretty friendly and open to making new friends. Still most of my shipmates were over 50. I'm expecting a better turnout hopefully of 30s since there will be studio cabins on my sailing this time.