confused by what Travel Agent said....

Sorry I wasn't very clear.

Last year I booked in February for a June cruise with a reduced deposit.

In March the June cruise went on sale so I asked ta to get me price adjustment. She said I could not get a price adjustment since I wasn't early saver. I then cancelled the June cruise and booked same boat just different date in July.

TA said carnival might come back and charge me the June price since I booked same boat for July.

Was that true? Or was she just not wanting to lose commission?

I was before final payment so not sure why I didn't get a price adjustment or offer up upgrade???

Thanks!

So, you booked last February. Was that for a cruise last June/July of last year, or did you book it last year for a cruise this year? And further, if you rebooked, it would be at the current rate when you rebooked even if it was different than before.

Thank you for all your responses.

I got back my full deposit without penalty.It was this past July we went. I'm not sure how to find out what sale it was.

I will just book early saver this time so I can price match.

Now to decide between Liberty or Fascination. :)

Since you got the deposit back without penalty, you were not booked under Super Saver. It sounds like it was one of their special sales that they will run for a limited time under different names each time, as those allow for refunded deposits before final payment date. You would also get price reductions before final payment, however, you would usually then lose the reduced deposit (which isn't a penalty; you're just paying that part earlier). It doesn't really matter now, but it would seem that the TA was definitely wrong or not willing to work for you.

With Early Saver, the deposit is nonrefundable even if cancelling before final payment, just in case you didn't know that. But you can match prices after final payment, which is nice. I personally would prefer Liberty to Fascination. Even though I haven't been on it, it seems that Liberty is one of Carnival's best ships.