I just got a free upgrade

james'mommy

Congrats on the upgrade!!! Pls let us know how you like it. Our TA said the main difference was 63 more sq ft. Being it's just hubby & I, I booked the balcony. Of course if we could upgrade for free I'd def go for it!!! Eager to hear from you after your cruise. Have fun!!!

How did you talk them into a free upgrade? I called my TA on Monday and since I paid less than NCL's price for ocean view, I don't qualify for the upgrade wave event they have going now. But doesn't everyone pay less going through a TA? Anyway they said it would cost $500 to upgrade from ocean view to balcony!

My cruise is in 3 weeks and I booked it just a couple of weeks ago, but I noticed price drops. I booked thru an online cruise site. When I saw that someone could book a suite today for the same price I paid for the balcony - I called. They got NCL on the phone and asked me if there was a particular cabin I was interested in and I gave them a number. I told her that I didn't want to do it unless nothing else changes because I had $330 in OBC coming. They called me back 2 hours later and said I got it. I had actually logged into NCL.com before they called and noticed that my cabin number had changed - woo hoo!