Cabanas on Nellie's Beach

SissasMomE

Hi - I'm looking at the Cabana rentals on Nellie's Beach. They have a Hillside at Nellie's Beach cabana for $225 or an Over the Water Cabana at Nellie's Beach for $250. I think the obvious choice is Over the Water, but I am unfamiliar with both of these, as well as Labadee, so I would truly appreciate your input. Thank you!

My DH and I have had one of the Over the Water Cabanas on Nellies Beach. In fact, we had #10 which was a handicap accessible one, although neither of us needed it. It was just the one that was assigned to us when we got to the beach. I loved the easy entrance into the water. It was a simple walk down a ramp right to the water's edge. Some of the Over the Water have steps or ladders to enter the water. From other posts on this site, the hillside are further back from the water and a walk up a hillside to get to them. I would go for the Over the Water Cabana. You can search this site and there are lots of pictures of the cabanas. I have not figured out how to post the links so I can't bring them to you but finding them is very easy. Just type in Nellie's Beach Cabanas and all sorts of posts will be available. The Cabanas are all the same in lay out and furniture. It is just the location that makes them different for each other.

Hi - I'm looking at the Cabana rentals on Nellie's Beach. They have a Hillside at Nellie's Beach cabana for $225 or an Over the Water Cabana at Nellie's Beach for $250. I think the obvious choice is Over the Water, but I am unfamiliar with both of these, as well as Labadee, so I would truly appreciate your input. Thank you!

I would definatley go for the over the water cabana, we had one this past January and absolutley loved it.

Check out my review of Nellies beach cabanas from our recent trip, I have a lot of pics and info for them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

I would definatley go for the over the water cabana, we had one this past January and absolutley loved it.

Check out my review of Nellies beach cabanas from our recent trip, I have a lot of pics and info for them.

Thanks - I will check out your review now. I noticed in some older pictures that some of the over the water cabanas are covered by huge trees. Are they still like that? I think this may be a turnoff for my family, as they'd want to lay out and get tan.

What you see is what you get. Believe me, there was plenty of sun to soaked up on our Cabana patio area. They appear to be covered by trees but actually there is a lot of sunny areas to lay in. Try not to get burned. There is nothing that can ruin a vacation faster than being so burned you can't stand to put clothes on over it.

I just read your review, and then booked the over the water cabana :D Thanks! Do you think I should request a certain cabana when we board the ship, or just wing it? Like you, I think the only one I really don't want is #1.

I just read your review, and then booked the over the water cabana :D Thanks! Do you think I should request a certain cabana when we board the ship, or just wing it? Like you, I think the only one I really don't want is #1.

I'm not sure if the excursion desk helped or just being off 1st. I think being one of the 1st ones off is what helped us. And I agree, I really wouldn't want #1. 9 or 10 would be OK but any of the others are money!!

You will have a great time, I'm not sure about the 3rd lounger because they are special padded loungers but I'm sure u could just grab a regular lounger off the beach and put it up there. :o

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure if the excursion desk helped or just being off 1st. I think being one of the 1st ones off is what helped us. And I agree, I really wouldn't want #1. 9 or 10 would be OK but any of the others are money!!

You will have a great time, I'm not sure about the 3rd lounger because they are special padded loungers but I'm sure u could just grab a regular lounger off the beach and put it up there. :o

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Ok, thanks! We will just plan to be first off the ship :D

Just one person in your group needs to be off the ship really early. Once the Cabana is assigned, the others can come off at their leisure. Make sure the person going first has the cabana reservation paper that will be in your room.