Question about excursion times.

Hi, everyone. I have a question about excursion times. We're sailing on the Magic out of Galveston, so I'm guessing ship time will be Central. I know that Montego Bay is one hour ahead (Eastern). I have an excursion booked through Carnival that begins at 9:30. We don't get to MB until 9:00. A couple of questions--is the excursion time based on ship time, or local (MB) time? (Won't that put us late for our excursion when you account for time change?) And is it feasible that we would even be able to get off the ship and find our excursion group in 30 minutes? (We do have FTTF if that matters.) I'm a confused newbie. :confused: I just realized this as I was going through my cruise info a little bit ago.

You always stay on ship time. That keeps the confusions to a minimum when entering and leaving various time zones. So, even if you book an excursion outside of carnival, the times listed for arrival/departure are ship times. The locals are very familiar with this concept as they deal with it weekly.

[quote name='FirstTimeCruiser2009']Thank you all! So we'll make it off the ship in time to make a 9:30 excursion, even though we won't be in port until 9:00?[/QUOTE]

Yes!

You are on a Carnival excursion, correct?

Just follow the instructions on the ticket that will be delivered to your cabin.