Back to back cruises?

jen1016

I have been going through the forums for over a year now and I sometimes see people talk about a B2B cruise - I am just curious what exactly is that? Do you normally stay on the same ship or need to get off and get on another one?

Just curious for more information on it ... thanks :)!

Jen

I did a B2B in July 2013. 14 days cruising the Caribbean on the Magic.

1st week we went to Key West, Freeport & Nassau.

2nd week we went to Ilse a Roatan, Belize & Cozumel.

Same ship, Husband and son joined us for the 2nd week. Daughter had the same room both weeks, I moved across the hall to a balcony with hubby... :D

We did s B2B in Oct. on the Dream. A lot of fun, we were in the same room which was nice. Met up at Guest Services with other b2b's and after everyone was off we were taken off & went thru customs and back on & got our new S&S cards. Would love to do it again.

Wife and I just did a B2B on the Breeze it was a blast had the same room for both cruises. You just meet up with someone from customer service at an arranged location and after everyone is disembarked they walk you though Customs and right back on.

I have been going through the forums for over a year now and I sometimes see people talk about a B2B cruise - I am just curious what exactly is that? Do you normally stay on the same ship or need to get off and get on another one?

Jen

We will be doing one in the future for a couple of different reasons. One is AIR FARE..LOL. For example: 7 days on the Allure, Eastern Caribbean....and then 7 Western Caribbean. 14 days (yipeeee) two cruises and only ONE airfare.

We sort of did this last year when we flew out to Long Beach CA to do a 15 day to Hawaii. Knowing we may not ever be out there again, decided to rent a car after the cruise and drive up the coast of California. LOVED IT.

Jen

Most of my Cruises are BTBs or BTBTBs............

I enjoy being on the Ship longer...........

LOL...................:)

The Fascination is a nice Ship........

The Staff & Crew are very nice...........

Jacksonville is a easy port................

:) Only a couple of years left before retiring. I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU...LONG LIST ...constant cruising...;)

:) Only a couple of years left before retiring. I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU...LONG LIST ...constant cruising...;)

I work.............

I save all my Paid Time off Hours..For Cruising.......

......My Co-workers are always asking me

when is your next Cruise...............:)

I can no longer do less than 7/8 days ever since I did 15 Day Hawaii in 2011!! So I always end up doing a B2B and just recently did a B2B2B. Unless is a quick birthday getaway a 3 dayer will do.

Seems like B2B's are becoming increasingly popular.

Edited by Georgie562

We like the longer cruises as well - air is expensive flying from Arizona. We just did a B2B this fall on the Liberty and it was awesome! Eastern first week and Western the second week, same cabin both weeks.

A couple of additional comments here. First, we brought on 4 bottles of wine in Miami. We showed the boarding passes for both legs. It was a bit of a hassle and a supervisor had to be called, but it worked. Second, we received a nice fruit basket for being B2B. Third, we purchased some liquor on the last night of the first leg and we were able to take the bottle back to our cabin with us. I would do a B2B again in a heartbeat!

Do you normally stay on the same ship or need to get off and get on another one?

Jen

Both, but more people just stay on the same ship. Some will disembark and go over to a different pier and try a different line.

Lots of reasons why. A big one is with the price of airfare it is often cost effective to cruise longer. Some do it to see more ports. Those who switch ships often want to try a different line.

We are in the process of planning a b2b in Alaska. We want to do a round trip, but on the one way cruises. Vancouver to Anchorage and then back to Vancouver. The only way to do this on a mass market line is a b2b. None of the mass market round trip Alaska cruises go all the way to Anchorage.

We did a B2B on the Freedom last July. 15 days of cruising. First 6 days, We did Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Second 8 days we did Grand Turk, Aruba and Dominican Republic. Best cruise ever, but we were tired of looking at each other at then end of it LOL,:D all in all, I would do it again in a heartbeat!

The first year I retired, my husband and I did b2b2b cruises. We were on Norwegian Dawn for 11 days and then walked over to the Carnival Glory for two - one week cruises. We booked late, so we did have to pack up and move rooms, but it wasn't that bad. We liked the gift basket and getting to keep any liquor we purchased from the previous cruise. We now use FF miles to fly to Miami. We call it a layover while we are cruising and then fly to another country with the same miles. Last year we cruised for a week (our first layover in Miami), went to Costa Rica for 12 days, and then did our second cruise (our second layover in Miami) all on the same airline ticket. This year we are cruising for a week and then going to Belize for 17 days on the same FF miles. I think this only works if you are flying to another country.

We love being on the ship with just a few--we have been on b2b's where we have been the only ones staying on--and having the ship to ourselves. We normally do b2b's on the same ship and in the same room.

Some friends of ours have never been cruising before and we are having them go on a b2b with us this September. Risky if they don't like it but they love the water and boat with us all the time so imagine they will like it. They will think all cruises last that long and will be spoiled.

I have been going through the forums for over a year now and I sometimes see people talk about a B2B cruise - I am just curious what exactly is that? YOU KIDDING?----------THIS IS FROM--IRENE AND JOHN--58 CRUISES ON CARNIVAL----BACK TO BACK--MEANS JUST WHAT IT SAYS---YOU STAY ON THE SHIP---IN THE SAME CABIN----JUST GET OFF---WHILE IN PORT TO REINSTATE YOUR POSITION-----UNDERSTAND----ALSO IF THE ONE CRUISE COVERS THE EASTERN---THE SECOND WILL PROBABLY COVER THE WESTERN SECTION OF THE CARIBBEAN----WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AND VACATION----HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS---ENJOY---

We're doing our 3rd B2B 11 days from now. We also plan on booking our January 2015 B2B while on this cruise in order to receive the $100 OBC on each leg.

We've gotten spoiled so it would be extremely difficult to have to go back to a single cruise.

We considered doing a B2B last April for our anniversary cruise because we were some of the ones who were trying to reach platinum by the end of 2013. This would have achieved that in one week. After looking at the shorter trip options (they were limited out of prt canaveral it would've meant two trips to the Bahamas. That just didn't appeal to us.) we opted to just do two separate trips, 7 days on the dream in April then a short 4 day to Cozumel out of Tampa in December. Doing a B2B is still on our bucket list!

Loved the B2B cruise. The good: When you talk with the crewand let them know you'll be around for 14 days, I felt they treated us almost like royalty. They really remember your names - and I don't think it was just to get more tips - they truly enjoyed having us around. We were offered something different from the kitchen if we wanted it because the maitred though we might be getting tired of the same food (which we weren't eating the same thing). No need to get off the ship in between cruises - first ones in the buffet line on embarkation day of the second leg. You can purchase liquor in the gift shop on last day of first cruise and take it back to your room. Room stewards will move your luggage if you need to change rooms and room will be ready right away. It was nice sitting on the balcony as everyone was boarding. The bad: Long time to be confined. Ate and drank waaaaay too much. Shows are the same - however if we thought about it we would have done the trivia on the first leg and had all the answers for the second leg! All in All I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We're doing our 3rd B2B 11 days from now. We also plan on booking our January 2015 B2B while on this cruise in order to receive the $100 OBC on each leg.

We've gotten spoiled so it would be extremely difficult to have to go back to a single cruise.

This will be our first b2b. I guess we'll see you wherever they have us meet at. Wanted to do this for years but schedules never allowed it. Can't wait

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Both, but more people just stay on the same ship. Some will disembark and go over to a different pier and try a different line.

Lots of reasons why. A big one is with the price of airfare it is often cost effective to cruise longer. Some do it to see more ports. Those who switch ships often want to try a different line.

We are in the process of planning a b2b in Alaska. We want to do a round trip, but on the one way cruises. Vancouver to Anchorage and then back to Vancouver. The only way to do this on a mass market line is a b2b. None of the mass market round trip Alaska cruises go all the way to Anchorage.

HAL Amsterdam does 14 day RT out of Seattle. Has a great itin. Even one day in Anchorage.