Any Carnival Freedom Questions?

navybaby1113

We were on the Freedom in 2012 - on the Panorama Deck. We loved it - we had quick and easy access to the Serenity area, which was great. We've booked her again for this next September. We're excited to see whatever upgrades she gets - but honestly, even if she wasn't, we would have booked her. Love the ship.

Ok, this is my first Cruise.

It is on the Freedom in August (southern caribbean).

I have a question about drink plans...

Do they have a pay one price for soft drinks(soda)?

And any thoughts about the "Panorama Deck"?

We picked this deck with the free upgrades (Balcony)

Thank you,

Looking forward to my first cruise!

-Eric

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You can purchase a pay one price plan for soft drinks - but I am not sure how much it is as no one in my family is a big soft drinker. I know that you can pay less tax if you wait to buy it until after they set sail.

We were on the Freedom in 2012 - on the Panorama Deck. We loved it - we had quick and easy access to the Serenity area, which was great. We've booked her again for this next September. We're excited to see whatever upgrades she gets - but honestly, even if she wasn't, we would have booked her. Love the ship.
Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You can purchase a pay one price plan for soft drinks - but I am not sure how much it is as no one in my family is a big soft drinker. I know that you can pay less tax if you wait to buy it until after they set sail.

Thank you for the reply,

Hoping I made the right choice of deck(Freedom-Panorama deck).

-Eric

First time cruiser

I've made a note of all of these questions and I'll try to answer as many as possible when I get back!

If anyone has any more, please note them in this thread and I'll add them to my list.

Looking forward to your review,have a GREAT time!!!

In march they called the martini bar the alchemy bar. I dont think they will change much.

I disagree but even still, it's not the same as the 2.0 Alchemy Bar. I think they will revamp it and the martini menu during its dry dock.

Edited by Rena921

I'll be doing a review when we get back from our Carnival Freedom cruise, so if anyone has any questions or picture requests, let me know and I'll try to get them for you!

Will look forward to your pics and review.... we go out on the 16th of March :) Not counting the days yet, but looking forward to another cruise !

In march they called the martini bar the alchemy bar. I dont think they will change much.

Actually, from our back 2 back sailing last July, I knew this just didn't sound correct so I did some research....The martini bar is called Bar Nouveau. Alchemy bar is something quite different and is part of the 2.0 upgrades that Freedom has not received yet. Not positive they will change it to Alchemy or not though.

If you could check out what side of ship has better views when arriving at most ports. We are Port side and was wondering if we would have good views from or room or if we would need to head up to Lido deck. Thanks so much for any help you can give.