Boarding the Sun today

JayDore

After a missed connection and an unscheduled stay in Houston on Thursday (both due to weather conditions in Orlando and Houston), and a rerouting through Minneapolis to Vancouver on Friday, we are finally ready to board the Sun!! (We were really doing the happy dance when ALL of our luggage came off the belt on Friday afternoon hahahaha).

I was really glad we had planned pre-cruise days in Vancouver, as on arrival Friday (a day late) we both crashed at the hotel (Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle--in a room with a great view of the ships sailing out). Spent yesterday walking around Downtown, to Canada Place, Gastown, and Chinatown, and dinner at Joe Forte's (excellent -- ask for Colin he was efficient and personable).

Will check out and head over to the pier around 11am. I would definitely recommend at least one pre-cruise night in Vancouver. It's nice to not be rushing from the airport today and to be somewhat adjusted to the 3 hour time change.

Weather is great -- started off yesterday morning in the 60's, went into the 70's and at 9pm was still pleasantly warm.

Today is supposed to be a high in the mid-70's as well.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Dore

on a good Ship - spent 21 days on her last year doing Miami, Panama canal, LA to Vancouver - yes the weather is sunny and warm in Vancouver - summer has finally arrived. Saw the Sun backing up from Canada Place from my balcony as I was eating dinner tonight. Too bad we lose her to Seattle next year and get the Wind back instead.

Cheers and have a great Alaksan cruise

Dennis

Archived