white... help!

Amink

I was shopping yesterday for cruise clothes and came across clearance white pants, I thought they would be perfect, and the price was great!

but now I am wondering if it would be a fashion blunder to wear white pants in the caribbean in Novemeber...

if white were a fashion blunder, then i would be in trouble! *lol*

i always wear white pants or sundresses on my vacations! :)

So, I'm hoping that means you don't take winter vacations in Europe then? :)

Jane

I was shopping yesterday for cruise clothes and came across clearance white pants, I thought they would be perfect, and the price was great!

but now I am wondering if it would be a fashion blunder to wear white pants in the caribbean in Novemeber...

Oh my white will be just fine, if not I'm in trouble to, lol I found the cutest pant suit that has white pants and a navy blue jacket that "reminds" you of a sailor type look you bet I'll be wearing it

I love the look of crisp white pants, but do not dare to wear them myself. I have a tendency to attract dirt and other colorful substances the minute I wear white pants or shorts.

I saw some really nice shorts at Marshalls the other day and was so tempted to buy them, but listened to logic and walked away. I would only have been able to wear them once!

I stick to tan instead! That is my white!:)

Everyone else in the world who can wear white bottoms: Go for it! As long as you have on nude panties!;)

Nude or skin tone panties with white pants or shorts and the same for bras under white tops or blouses.

Absolutely!

Also, if the pants have pockets and you can see the big, white outline of the pockets through the pants....:eek:

I've written about this one before as it's a real pet-peeve of mine because there's just no reason for it, other than sheer stupidity on the part of clothing manufacturers. I used to work for a major clothing company who had the sense to make the pockets for their white pants out of a nude lingerie fabric, so they stayed flat and your couldn't see any pocket outlines on the pants. It was so simple and so brilliant and really ddidn't cost anymore. Also, at that time (early 90's) many women's blouses were still made with small shoulder pads and company's would have white blouses and white shoulder pads sewn in them, so when you saw the wearer in the white blouse, she looked like she had "caps" on her shoulders under her blouse. My company used nude covered shoulder pads and they were totally invisible.

I love the look of crisp white pants, but do not dare to wear them myself. I have a tendency to attract dirt and other colorful substances the minute I wear white pants or shorts.

I saw some really nice shorts at Marshalls the other day and was so tempted to buy them, but listened to logic and walked away. I would only have been able to wear them once!

I stick to tan instead! That is my white!:)

Everyone else in the world who can wear white bottoms: Go for it! As long as you have on nude panties!;)

I have this same problem...5 minutes of wearing something white and I am GUARANTEED to get a stain of some sort (or that dreadful TOM thing :eek: )

I stick to khaki/tan shorts/capris/pants.

ladies...there is no longer a "white restriction" any longer...ALL year 'round you can wear white and it's not a faux pas. white has increasingly become more and more acceptable for all year wear, so don't fret!!! in fact, the early show had a segment about white suits in winter about 6 months ago....so, go for it!!

as for the caribbean or on a cruise....white is a staple!!! i just have to be careful about stains and spots...white seems to attract tomato sauce like nothing i've ever seen...lol

and please......no white granny panties under those slacks....what an awful sight that is!!!! in my store, nordstrom, we sell something called "spanks". they're nude and a little longer so no panty lines either. check 'em out. i wear a nude thong with white...i hate visible panty line!!!

enjoy your white vacation clothes!!!!!!!!!!!! all year 'round! ;)

ladies...there is no longer a "white restriction" any longer...ALL year 'round you can wear white and it's not a faux pas. white has increasingly become more and more acceptable for all year wear, so don't fret!!! in fact, the early show had a segment about white suits in winter about 6 months ago....so, go for it!!

and please......no white granny panties under those slacks....what an awful sight that is!!!! in my store, nordstrom, we sell something called "spanks". they're nude and a little longer so no panty lines either. check 'em out. i wear a nude thong with white...i hate visible panty line!!!

Yes, it's more about the fabric. Though for winter, companies usually make "winter white" which is not as "white white" as a summer white and it's not in a summer fabric. I have a beautiful pair of winter white wool pants that I've worn to holiday party's in Dec. They look really elegant with a pair of metallic high heeled boots.

However, in terms of white shoes, or white cotton or linen clothing, I still say the "no white in winter" rule applies. Of course, if a person lives in a hot climate (Florida, Ariz, Southern Cal), then the rules don't apply.

I also HATE visible panty line and started wearing thongs a few years ago. So many of my pants have a little stretch in them that even my smoothest bikini panty's showed an outline. So I switched to thongs and under white, as you suggested, I always wear a nude one.

I always bring a few pairs of white capris on my Caribbean cruises. They are so easy to match with some nice colorful tops. These can be worn any time of the year even in December. Keep in mind that even in December the Caribbean temps are in the 80's.

I used to bring Khaki pants but I find I have more choices of tops with white shorts/capris/slax.

I always bring a Clorox bleach pen and with me if I get a stain. It works great.

Archived