When did you have/find time to take pictures? ??

Im just curious because it seems like there wont be any time for it. We are bringing our photographer but based off of carnivals timeline there wont be anytime to take pictures without leaving our 1hr long reception. When does the reception clock start? How much time after the reception was over did your non sailing guest have before they were told to evacuate? We have 31 sailing and 100 non sailing guest.

The timeline is a bit tight for embarkation weddings which is one of the reasons Carnival usually mandates you use their photographer. In Baltimore the timeline is so tight that you have your ceremony, take family pictures, reception, they ask non-sailing guests to leave the ship and you start taking pictures, have muster and sail-away, and go back to pictures.

They start to make the announcement for non-sailing guests to leave the ship about 90 minutes before the ship sails and want them all off about an hour before sail-away so they can prepare for muster.

Im just curious because it seems like there wont be any time for it. We are bringing our photographer but based off of carnivals timeline there wont be anytime to take pictures without leaving our 1hr long reception. When does the reception clock start? How much time after the reception was over did your non sailing guest have before they were told to evacuate? We have 31 sailing and 100 non sailing guest.

Other than the Carnival photographer taking photos during the wedding & reception there really wasn't any time to take any other photos. Once our reception was totally over and all nonsailing guests left the ship, our photographer gave us time to go back to our room and freshen up, then he took us all over the ship and took photos. It worked out better this way, as we weren't taking away from our actual wedding festivities and/or being with out guests. Our reception started pretty much immediately after our ceremony. The guests leaving was the very end of the reception. Literally our DJ played the last song and they announced that all nonsailing guests had to leave (we had the 1.5 hour reception option).

Wow, 100 nonsailing guests! I didn't think you were even allowed to have that many??? I thought 50 was the limit on nonsailing? Maybe something has changed since my wedding. Enjoy! The link to my full review of my embarkation day wedding is in my signature below. Let me know if you have any other questions that are Carnival specific.

WOW, we were just told that absolutely no more than 50 non sailing guests...and we're the only wedding on our day (so far) as well.

We were also told we can have our own photographer, but he has to leave the ship by 330p. So we opted to just use the ship photographer since people generally seem to be very happy with their Carnival photography. I'm not sure you'd have much time for photos with your own photographer. We just did our tour of the ship yesterday and they didn't even start boarding till 135p. Even though wedding guests would board a bit earlier, that still is cutting things VERY tight.

The photographer took a ton of pics during the ceremony and reception, then we went all over the ship after muster and took a zillion pictures.

Believe me there was no shortage of pics!! We had many to choose from when we went through the pics a few days into the cruise.