How many advanced skating sessions do they have in a 8-day cruise nowadays?

Nipo

So, how many skating sessions are there nowadays in a 8-day cruise (Independence of the Seas)? I also read from somewhere that they would nowadays require helmets also in advanced sessions, is that true?

Having two competing figure skaters in the family I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth bringing skates to get at least some practice during the week.

Hi

I am afraid I don't know the answer and I don't know how helpful this will be but I have found a link to cruise compasses from Independence for an 8 night Eastern cruise in 2012. I cannot post the link but search 'independence of the seas 8-night cruise compass' and an RCI blog post should come up.

Maybe if you have a look through them it will give you more of an idea.

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

Thanks a lot! That Cruise Compass will be for great use.

However the answer to my question wasn't so pleasant: They only have one Advanced skating session on day 3 for half an hour and it even says they require the use of helmet so really no reason to bring our own skates. Pity, since the kids would really need to skate a little bit since they have competitions coming after the cruise... At our first cruise in 2007 they had something like 3 to 4 Advanced skating HOURs that really lasted an hour.

Thanks a lot! That Cruise Compass will be for great use.

However the answer to my question wasn't so pleasant: They only have one Advanced skating session on day 3 for half an hour and it even says they require the use of helmet so really no reason to bring our own skates. Pity, since the kids would really need to skate a little bit since they have competitions coming after the cruise... At our first cruise in 2007 they had something like 3 to 4 Advanced skating HOURs that really lasted an hour.

Oh goodness, sorry the answer wasn't more positive.

I mean that was an old compass, most I could find, so might be inaccurate. Perhaps contact RCI and ask if they have more up to date information?

Hope you manage to work out something.

Jo :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk