2 conjoined rooms the other is for baby

bartleby112

So the cost of getting 2 outside cabins that have doors between them is the same as a balcony rate on the cruise we are looking to sail. The thought is that we would use the second room as the baby's area. This way she can be in her own room with the lights off and we can still be in our room and not confined to a balcony (if we went the balcony room).

Has anyone out there gotten connecting rooms for a 1 year old?

Just a thought... but how about a two room suite? The last cruise we went on we had s suite with a separate living room area and this way the baby could be asleep in the bedroom and you and your hubby could still be in the living room area having drinks or watching tv, or on balcony... which ever you chose:)

On our last cruise, we booked two adjoining rooms, my DH and I were in one, and my three DD's were in the other, ages 10, 7 and 18 months at the time. We just propped the doors open in the middle and enjoyed all that extra space and the extra bathroom. We didn't have to use the baby monitor we brought with because we were able to leave those doors open.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are doing this for our upcoming cruise on Royal Caribbean. We have booked connecting oceanview cabins with a connecting door. Our 2 and 4 year olds will be in the adjoining cabin. Double cabin space, two bathrooms, and one room can be used as a living/playing area while the other room is the quiet/sleeping room. The best thing is that the difference in price is negligible. :)

We made this choice after sailing in a balcony cabin on our last cruise. It was tight. The baby crib pretty much occupied the entire sitting area. Our daughter was 1 at the time and there was literally NO place for her to move around and play while we were in the cabin. And we didn't use the balcony that much anyway

Just a thought... but how about a two room suite?

Probably because a two bedroom suite will be considerably more expensive than two adjoining staterooms. Plus, two bedroom suites are almost non-existent throughout the Carnival fleet.

Even getting a regular OS or GS will normally be more expensive than 2 OV's.

We are doing this for our upcoming cruise on Royal Caribbean. We have booked connecting oceanview cabins with a connecting door. Our 2 and 4 year olds will be in the adjoining cabin. Double cabin space, two bathrooms, and one room can be used as a living/playing area while the other room is the quiet/sleeping room. The best thing is that the difference in price is negligible. :)

We made this choice after sailing in a balcony cabin on our last cruise. It was tight. The baby crib pretty much occupied the entire sitting area. Our daughter was 1 at the time and there was literally NO place for her to move around and play while we were in the cabin. And we didn't use the balcony that much anyway

we did this on the monarch and depending on the size of your cabin the doors between the two cabins have to be either open or closed. you can't open and close without moving the beds around each time. if you leave the door open all the time it works great.

we did this on the monarch and depending on the size of your cabin the doors between the two cabins have to be either open or closed. you can't open and close without moving the beds around each time. if you leave the door open all the time it works great.

Thanks. We'll be on the Enchantment. I looked up connecting room images for this ship and it seems that the door can be opened and closed freely without having to mode furniture. I can see how the Monarch cabins would be more restrictive though since those cabins are smaller.

If there are 3 of you, wouldn't you have to pay a single supplement for one of you? Did you take that cost into consideration?

Maggie

We did a mock booking on Carnival. With 2 cabins, 1 in the first, and 2 in the second the price came out to be about 50 bucks more than one regular balcony cabin with 3 people.

Just be sure to keep the deadbolt on the babies room locked and perhaps the phone unplugged.

I imagine the two rooms would be cleaned/monitored by the same steward. so if i deadbolted the baby's room it would be fine since the doors will always be open between the two rooms.

I've also heard the suggestion of getting an inflatable small wading pool to use to give the baby a bath. this might be easier with the 2nd bathroom cause we can keep it inflated in there.

Also the extra room would be nice because it will be a cruise out of San Juan, back to miami. So we will need to pack heavy.