Carnival or not?

Colts88

I've been very loyal to Carnival. Although, I have been on several Royal Caribbean cruises as well. However, I'm trying to decide between The Carnival Fascination and Royal Caribbean Brillance of the sea.

Jacksonville, Fl.- Fascination : Key West, Nassau

Tampa, Fl.- Brilliance of the Seas: Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Which would you choose?

I've been very loyal to Carnival. Although, I have been on several Royal Caribbean cruises as well. However, I'm trying to decide between The Carnival Fascination and Royal Caribbean Brillance of the sea.

Which would you choose?

Nassau is one of my least favorite ports and would plan on spending the day aboard. So based on itinerary I would chose Brilliance of the Seas.

Which would you choose?

Isn't that a little contradictory that you are loyal to Carnival but have taken several cruises on another line?

I've been very loyal to Carnival. Although, I have been on several

Royal Caribbean cruises as well. However, I'm trying to decide between

The Carnival Fascination and Royal Caribbean Brillance of the sea.

Which would you choose?

Hi Colts88 :)

Without a doubt, Cozumel & Grand Cayman..

:)

Brilliance of the Seas is an absolutely beautiful ship with lots of glass overlooking the ocean. It's a favorite of many "Royal Loyals".

Without a doubt, I would choose the Brilliance. Much nicer ship than the Fascination, and I would pick Grand Cayman and Cozumel over Nassau.

Which would you choose?

You've been on both lines and seem to enjoy both, so which itinerary speaks to you??

Nassau sucks but Key West is great.

Grand Caymen is nice and Coz is awesome.

Both cruises are the same length?? If you have a few sea days, then I would lean toward RC. CCL is lacking on things to do these days on sea days.

Brilliance of the Seas is an absolutely beautiful ship with lots of glass overlooking the ocean. It's a favorite of many "Royal Loyals".

Without a doubt, I would choose the Brilliance. Much nicer ship than the Fascination, and I would pick Grand Cayman and Cozumel over Nassau.

I have to echo this sentiment!

Which would you choose?

If what I see is correct and its been several years since cruising Carnival.....its not the same as it was several years ago.....go RCCL! YIKES......Did I just say that and still own Carnival stock...I need to see on Monday................

Edited by going2cruz

How is it contradictory? DW and I have sailed CCL 18 times and RCI 4. Doesn't that show Loyal to CCL, but also cruised RCI?

I can agree with your case. A huge majority is with carnival. But, if you look at OP's signature, you will see 9 cruises listed. 5 with Carnival 4 with another line. I would say that is not loyal to carnival. I am not saying that not being loyal to a cruise line is bad. I am just saying the statement he made is wrong.

I just got back from Nassau and I did not like that island at all. Granted, we just used the public Junkanoo beach because the weather wasn't nice enough to pay to go to another resort, but I really wish I had just stayed on the boat that day.

I spent a week in Cozumel and LOVE LOVE LOVE the island. We literally saw every bit of the island (the good and the not so good) and I still love the island and the people. We spent time with the locals and doing the things that they do. It's a great island...especially if you get away from the port and rent a car/jeep.

I can agree with your case. A huge majority is with carnival. But, if you look at OP's signature, you will see 9 cruises listed. 5 with Carnival 4 with another line. I would say that is not loyal to carnival. I am not saying that not being loyal to a cruise line is bad. I am just saying the statement he made is wrong.

Actually, I don't understand this whole loyalty thing. A cruise line is a business, not someone I have a personal relationship with. I'm loyal to my God, Country, and family. DW and I cruise because we like it, and will sail any line that offers an itinerary we want, at the time we want/need, and at the price we feel is right for us, period.

[/color]

Actually, I don't understand this whole loyalty thing. A cruise line is a business, not someone I have a personal relationship with. I'm loyal to my God, Country, and family. DW and I cruise because we like it, and will sail any line that offers an itinerary we want, at the time we want/need, and at the price we feel is right for us, period.

Amen!

[/color]

I agree completely. As you can see from my signature we are not loyal to any one. I look for the cruise we want at the time and compare all of them to see which offers what we want for that cruise. Those who cruise just one line are really limiting their choices. Loyalty programs are not what they used to be (not just cruise lines) I don't think any of them are worth worrying about anymore.

I agree completely. As you can see from my signature we are not loyal to any one. I look for the cruise we want at the time and compare all of them to see which offers what we want for that cruise. Those who cruise just one line are really limiting their choices. Loyalty programs are not what they used to be (not just cruise lines) I don't think any of them are worth worrying about anymore.

My sentiments exactly. Price is always one of the considerations, but ship and amenities, date, and itinerary, are also considerations. Can't always find the best cruise based solely on price. If price is the only consideration, then CCL will come out on top the majority of the time.