Conflicting Information

cruisinforabruising

Its only more on board if you DO NOT have a classic package before you step on the ship. If you planning on buying on board then both packages cost more.

If you have a classic package prior to boarding either by a package or if you purchased it on your own, and you want to upgrade on board, then its $10 + $1.50 service charge per day for $11.50per day per person this is the same as calling in advance to upgrade. BOTH do not need to upgrade prior or while on board.

Simple and easy. I don't know why people make this sound so difficult.

They need to have a sticky in this forum just for the drink packages FAQ. :)

I agree with above.

However, I upgraded at a bar before we left Ft Lauderdale and the account got screwed up. I had to meet with the head bartender several times to get it all straightened out.

Plus, when you upgrade at the bar they put a sticker on your cruise card indicating the upgrade. The problem is, the first time you hop in the pool with your cruise card in your pocket the sticker starts to fade off. At that point no one can clearly see that you have upgraded your package. It's not the end of the world. However, it is a bit of a pain in the a$$$ while they figure out that your drink is in fact included. If you upgrade ahead of the cruise your cruise card is imprinted with the correct drink code package and that ink does not wash off!

I agree with above.

However, I upgraded at a bar before we left Ft Lauderdale and the account got screwed up. I had to meet with the head bartender several times to get it all straightened out.

Plus, when you upgrade at the bar they put a sticker on your cruise card indicating the upgrade. The problem is, the first time you hop in the pool with your cruise card in your pocket the sticker starts to fade off. At that point no one can clearly see that you have upgraded your package. It's not the end of the world. However, it is a bit of a pain in the a$$$ while they figure out that your drink is in fact included. If you upgrade ahead of the cruise your cruise card is imprinted with the correct drink code package and that ink does not wash off!

I learned from the past to go to customer service to have them issue me a new card after the sticky was wearing away. :)

The lnk will wear away, the P I can't see on my last card. To many times using it. :)

Edited by Bosjoe

Joe hope the New Year finds you well! Nov 10th, 11 days, Reflection Reunion cruise! Just sayin:D

Hi Wallie.

All is well here and I hope your holidays were fantastic.

I thought of that one, but looking at the one following that one, I have friends going on it, plus birthday the 22nd.

Edited by Bosjoe

in the UK you cannot upgrade over the phone, we have to wait until we board the ship so it will be a riot if you can't upgrade on the ship

I am sure that the celebrity rep was trying it on for their sales targets to get you to upgrade before you go

This was discussed before on another thread. You can upgrade pre cruise but you have to bypass your TA and phone Captains Club direct. I don't know what the number is in the UK though, sorry.