Trying to work around the system...

bwarren

I'm scheduled to leave June 11 on the Mercury with Celebrity handling all my flights. That's less than 4 weeks out and I still have no flight schedule (or docs). My TA says they haven't received them yet, and Celebrity won't talk to me since I used a TA!!! Is there any way around this? I just really want to know which airline and what flight I am on so I can make plans for departure.

Beth icon_smile.gif

Ask your TA to connect you in a three-way call with Celebrity to find out what is going on.

We have received documents as late as 10 days before sailing so don't panic.

Sue

sueclark@aol.com

Grand Princess - Western Caribbean - April 25, 2004

Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05

Even though Celebrity won't tell you much directly if you used a TA, they should tell you if and when they mailed your docs to that TA. On one of our cruises I was concerned because friends who were sailing with us had their docs for quite a while. It turned out that Celebrity had mailed them to our TA a month ago and they were sitting on her desk.

"Leonardo da Vinci" 1976

"Sovereign of the Seas" 1999

"Destiny" to Canada 2000

"Infinity" to Alaska 2001

"Millennium" 2002

"Century" 2003

"To be announced" 2004

First of all, if your TA booked the air with Celebrity, you should be able to get the flight schedule w/out a problem. Secondly, if you did the air arrangements thru celebrity, USUALLY documents are slower getting to the TA and sometimes dont arrive until 2weeks (and sometimes 1 week) before sail date. Just check with your TA on this again and tell them you SHOULD BE ABLE TO AT LEAST GET THE FLIGHT SCHEDULE !

Curtis...

Waiting patiently for MY ship to come in !!!

We have had to wait right up until a few days before the cruise to get our docs and find out our flight schedule. Once they had us going all the way to San Juan P.R. from Seattle the same day and getting there one hour before the ship left. That was cutting it way too close for us. One plane delay and we would miss the ship! We had to pay for an air deviation to go a day early at the LAST minute! And, scramble to get a hotel. It can be very nerve wracking. icon_eek.gif

Good Luck to you and have a fantastic cruise! icon_smile.gif

Celebrity told me that if I ask my TA to give them permission, then they would talk to me. In the meantime, my TA had gotten the information I was looking for, so I didn't ask her to give me permission. We were getting ready for the trip and everything was a go.

Happy Sailing!

Archived