Can't Decide Glory or Sunshine

swim25

We are looking at booking our second cruise for this July. :D:D We were looking at either the Glory or the Sunshine. They have almost the same itinerary (Western Caribbean we want to go to Cozumel), they leave on the same day (July 5th) and they currently cost almost the same. The Glory leaves from Miami and the Sunshine leaves from Orlando. We will be spending a few days in Florida either before or after the cruise. So it is down to just picking the ship. I would like some of your opinions about which ship we should pick

I haven't sailed on Glory, but we did sail on the Sunshine, and I think it's a great ship, in terms of amenities and the various food options. Because we had a port intensive cruise, we didn't get to check out the night club after they got it changed over after the shows, which would have been fun, but still great.

I haven't sailed on Glory, but we did sail on the Sunshine, and I think it's a great ship, in terms of amenities and the various food options. Because we had a port intensive cruise, we didn't get to check out the night club after they got it changed over after the shows, which would have been fun, but still great.

Totally agree that Sunshine is the better ship in terms of amenities and food options.

I've sailed on both ships, and am looking forward to being on the Carnival Glory again this Spring. I think the Glory has a few advantages over the Sunshine.

Most importantly, the Glory has an aft pool with a sliding dome that can cover the pool during bad weather. So, if you run in to any thunderstorms... that's no problem on the Glory. Also, that aft pool tends to be very mellow. So, if you're looking for a quiet place to hang out by the pool... you will find it on the Glory. The Sunshine does not have an aft pool. The atmosphere at the mid-ship pool on the Sunshine is loud and crazy. And all the noise from the mid-ship pool area can be heard in the majority of the serenity area on the Sunshine... except for a few loungers up at the very front of the ship.

The other bad situation on the Sunshine is the comedy club. It's the worst in the entire Carnival fleet... simply way too small given the large number of passengers on that ship. We literally arrived at the comedy club 30 minutes prior to a show and could not get a seat. It's a really strange design, too... a large number of seats do not have a view of the comedian! They had to install televisions in two parts of the club so that people could watch the comedian on the TV since they did not have a view of the stage.

So, if you like sitting around a quiet pool... or you like using the pool even during bad weather... or you like going to the comedy club... you'll want to pick the Carnival Glory over the Carnival Sunshine.

With all that said, though, the Sunshine does have a couple of things that the Glory doesn't. The Sunshine has the best Cruise Director in the entire Carnival fleet, Jaime Dee. It also has the Havana Bar, and JiJi's Asian Kitchen. So, if any of those things are important to you... consider the Sunshine.