Port Day Babysitting for Kids Under 2

webzila

Does anyone have actual experience with this?

I have read the FAQ here:

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-544846

It is not very clear though. What hours do the offer this baby sitting for kids who are under 2 on port days (specifically on the Triumph)?

How much does it cost?

In case of emergency how to they get in touch with you?

Do they change diapers?

If anyone who has actually used this service can provide some insight that would be greatly appreciated.

Bump...hoping to find someone who used this at port babysitting service and can provide more info before we go next week. Not sure if we need to plan to take our toddler with us at each port or if there is a chance we can leave him on board at one stop...

You might get a better/faster response if you post your question in the Family Cruises section. I used the baby sitting service in July onboard the Dream in July for my 18 month old, though we never got off the ship without her. It was something like $6/hr and they gave you a phone you had to keep with you at all times. I do remember there being a rule for the kids under 2, we had to pick her up by a certain time and it was early, like we had 2 hours of alone time as they only let the little ones come when there are no scheduled activities in the kids area. I am not sure if that's the case in Port days or not as I mentioned we did not use the service those days. I also didn't use the service at night, just in the mornings.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bump...hoping to find someone who used this at port babysitting service and can provide more info before we go next week. Not sure if we need to plan to take our toddler with us at each port or if there is a chance we can leave him on board at one stop...

What is your back up plan if you have a problem in port and miss the ship's departure? I know I have seen this debated on several forums and the general consensus is leaving a child that young while the parents are in port is a bad idea.

What is your back up plan if you have a problem in port and miss the ship's departure? I know I have seen this debated on several forums and the general consensus is leaving a child that young while the parents are in port is a bad idea.

If we were going to leave the child on board then we would only take an excursion sold by the cruise line so we are guaranteed to make it back. We would never go off on our own.

We did this on Disney when the baby was 9 months old and did not have a single issue.

We may not even do this on Carnival since they don't really cater to kids younger than 2. Just wanted to see what our options are.

It's pretty clear in the FAQs:

We do offer limited services for Under 2's each evening from 10:00 pm-3:00 am and during port times. Services in port varies depending on the time spent in the port, please see Youth Staff on board for additional information.

You will need to inquire on board for specifics. Personally I would not leave the ship without my child, regardless of who is running the excursion.

Under 2 babysitting on port days is from arrival time until 12pm. Cost is $6.75/hr plus 15% tip (at least the last time I checked).

We actually looked at taking an excursion in Belize that supposedly ended right at 12pm while we left our son at Camp Carnival and the staff discouraged us. They told us that they just didn't have the staff to babysit past 12pm and if we were running late, it would be a logistics nightmare for them. So we ended up taking our son with us.

Here's the Under 2 Services card from our Dream cruise. Hope its helpful. :)

DSCF9501.jpg

Edited by Tapi

It's pretty clear in the FAQs:

We do offer limited services for Under 2's each evening from 10:00 pm-3:00 am and during port times. Services in port varies depending on the time spent in the port, please see Youth Staff on board for additional information.

You will need to inquire on board for specifics. Personally I would not leave the ship without my child, regardless of who is running the excursion.

It's actually not very clear.

Yes, it's clear as in we understand what it's saying but we were looking for someone who may have actually used this service recently to see what the "Services in port varies...." is.

Anyways, its highly unlikely that we will leave the child on board since Carnival does not have appropriate programs and child care in place for kids under 2 like other cruise lines have.

Carnival does not have appropriate programs and child care in place for kids under 2 like other cruise lines have.

That's an understatement. Read my Dream and Allure reviews (links in my signature). I compare Camp Carnival with the Royal Babies and Tots program. The differences are like night and day. Royal's program turned an already wonderful cruise into an absolutely amazing one.

That's an understatement. Read my Dream and Allure reviews (links in my signature). I compare Camp Carnival with the Royal Babies and Tots program. The differences are like night and day. Royal's program turned an already wonderful cruise into an absolutely amazing one.

I totally believe you. I read wonderful things about Royals baby program.

Our next cruise in June 2014 will be on Royal but by that time our baby will be older than 2 so we will have more options.

Our last cruise when the baby was 9 months was on Disney and that was wonderful. They go above and beyond with all their programs especially the babysitting services for little ones.

It's kind of disappointing that Carnival does not offer anything even though they attract a lot of families with kids and from what I was told is that they have no plans of implementing any baby sitting services for the little ones either which is sad for those who want to cruise with babies / toddlers.

It's been a few years, but we left our kids at Camp Carnival while in port and they did wonderfully. We figured they were safer on the ship at Camp Carnival (all good experiences) rather than in a foreign port. It was more fun for the kids doing kid things and more fun for the adults who could do adult things.

With our kids being 8 and 11 now, though, we'll take them into most ports, especially if there are cool things to do with kids, like maybe the Atlantis Aquaventure in Nassau.

I used this program for my son one time while we snorkled in Belize. They changed diapers. The cost was the same as all other babysitting times. We were late getting back, though a Carnival excursion. They had no issues keeping him till we got back. It worked out real well. I have always been pleased with the CC workers.