Post-cruise trip from Mumbai to the Taj Mahal

patnlcc

We have booked a cruise on Seabourn that ends in Mumbai and we wondered the same thing. No answers seemed to be available from Seabourn yet but based on research I did of other people's experience on cruises (not just Seabourn), we decided to book a land tour on our own. I wanted to lock in air for our homeward bound flights so I just did it. We only have a limited amount of time to spend, so we needed to fly from Mumbai to Delhi. Flights were not inexpensive, but we don't expect to be in that part of the world again soon and we thought it was worth it. On our last Seabourn cruise shore excursions and post cruise tours didn't become available until quite late. We like to have our return flights squared away so we thought we'd take care of the land part ourselves.

That's exactly the reason I wanted to know. We try to get award flights which need to be booked pretty far in advance. Can you tell me who you booked your tour with? I know CC don't like people to advertise!

You're welcome, Pat. In fact A & K did a tour just for us. The tours they had on their website were all longer than we were able to do. Since my husband still works we only have a limited number of days he can be away.We will be spending 3 nights (1 in Agra and 2 in Delhi). There were a few other things we would have liked to see, but they will have to wait for some future time.

Hi Patnicc

You will love the Taj Mahal! Although you know what it looks like, you will be blown away by just how stunningly beautiful it actually is. It brought tears to my eyes!

While in Delhi, do not miss the Akshardham Hindu Temple. It was built recently but the sheer size of the complex and the beauty and artistry of the craftsmanship is stunning.

We took the train from Delhi to Agra which was quite an experience. We stayed in the Jaypee Hotel in Agra which I would recommend.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Aileen! We were with you on the Quest transatlantic (Ann & Al). I have heard from others as well that seeing the Taj Mahal in person is absolutely marvelous. We'll be spending two nights there so we'll hopefully get to see it at sunrise and sunset. Our daughter's college roommate spent a year in India and said that it looks different in various light.

I hope you and Donald are having a lovely 2014.

Thank you all for your help. We have booked the cruise, but will stay in Mumbai for a couple of nights before flying back to the UK. Managed to get award flights as we had hoped. Will have to see the Taj Mahal on another trip.