Montego Bay w/ a timid 6 year old

momof1son

I searched "Montego Bay" and have found some incredibly mixed reviews. If it were just myself, or even DH and I, I would wander around, using a bit of common sense and street smarts.

However, we will have our extremely timid 6 year old with us. I can't exactly say why, but I feel like, given the many reviews and comments I read about "aggressive" salespeople, aimless wandering is not the way to go with our son.

I've contacted one private tour company for a quote. The cruise excursions are out of our budget. Does anybody else have any suggestions for kid-friendly things to do? I'd prefer to actually get to VISIT the country, not stay on the ship.

Take a certified taxi from the port to Sunset Beach Resort...it's literally a couple blocks from the port and a 5 min $5 taxi ride. For $50/adult and less for your kid (can't recall child rate) you can have an all inclusive day which includes all food and drinks. There are a few different beaches, waterpark and pools at this resort. We took our son and had an amazing day there!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...

Look up Courtney Taylor Tours. He is also on fb! You have a driver for the day and basically a bodyguard. We communicated by email before and customized exactly what we wanted to do! They can recommend. We ate at Scotchies, Toured Rose hall, toured a Jerk Factory, drove use thru the slums, drove us thru the mansions, went to downtown Falmouth to walk around and experience the culture 1st hand. And end our day at a beach...Our guide was Marvelous Marvin and he was wonderful! I thk we paid 90 and he stayed with us all day... Ordered for us places and made sure we didn't get ripped off! You want be disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Look up Courtney Taylor Tours. He is also on fb! You have a driver for the day and basically a bodyguard. We communicated by email before and customized exactly what we wanted to do! They can recommend. We ate at Scotchies, Toured Rose hall, toured a Jerk Factory, drove use thru the slums, drove us thru the mansions, went to downtown Falmouth to walk around and experience the culture 1st hand. And end our day at a beach...Our guide was Marvelous Marvin and he was wonderful! I thk we paid 90 and he stayed with us all day... Ordered for us places and made sure we didn't get ripped off! You want be disappointed!

Never heard of the Jerk Chicken Factory. Was that in Falmouth or MoBay? At the end of the day, what beach did you go to? Toured with Courtney a few years back. Scotchies was great. Hope to do it again this year. Trying to think of places to request to visit.

It was just a jerk factory... Where they made ketchup, sauces, jellies, etc...vegeza4u.jpga9abygyg.jpgese5e8e5.jpg

You got to see the conditions people on Jamaica work in... No air conditioning.. But you could buy the products for next to nothing. It was in Falmouth I believe. Thinking the name of the beach was 7 mile... Nice spot not tons of people. Sorry didn't take any pictures there.