Reflection 1/4/2014

LiseD

Just back from our first cruise with Celebrity. Overall, we had a great time....only ONE reason we may not cruise with Celebrity again and that would be the music. Music is really based on personal preference so sure others will like it, but we found it was too loud by the pool and in the main foyer of the ship. Most of if was a rock type music and just not our style.

We enjoy dancing in the evenings and the only dance music was from a DJ from 5 to 6pm...way too early if you have the late seating. We heard the cruise director mention many times that Celebrity is going for an "edgy" feel on their ships and I would say they are getting this....again...a choice of personal style...just not ours. The good thing about Reflection is it is so large you can always find a great spot to hang out. I personally just stayed on our beautiful balcony most of the time!

But besides the music, we loved the food, service and production type shows in the evenings. We were in a sky suite with butler service and that was amazing. Blu restaurant is GREAT. I promise to write a longer review when I have time, but happy to answer any questions regarding the ship! For now...back to laundry! :)

Just back from our first cruise with Celebrity. Overall, we had a great time....only ONE reason we may not cruise with Celebrity again and that would be the music. Music is really based on personal preference so sure others will like it, but we found it was too loud by the pool and in the main foyer of the ship. Most of if was a rock type music and just not our style.

We enjoy dancing in the evenings and the only dance music was from a DJ from 5 to 6pm...way too early if you have the late seating. We heard the cruise director mention many times that Celebrity is going for an "edgy" feel on their ships and I would say they are getting this....again...a choice of personal style...just not ours. The good thing about Reflection is it is so large you can always find a great spot to hang out. I personally just stayed on our beautiful balcony most of the time!

But besides the music, we loved the food, service and production type shows in the evenings. We were in a sky suite with butler service and that was amazing. Blu restaurant is GREAT. I promise to write a longer review when I have time, but happy to answer any questions regarding the ship! For now...back to laundry! :)

Nice review, thanks. We also don't care for loud music, hope is softer on the Eclipse in a few weeks.

Thanks for the brief review. Music is so personal. I am really curious what it will be like on our February cruise.

I am wondering about upgrading the drink package on board. I noticed some people on CC are being told by their travel agent and by the folks at Celebrity that they are not going to new allowed to upgrade on board and/or that the price is going to increase to $17.00/day/person when upgraded onboard. What was happening on your cruise??

Decided not to do drink pkg as we had a pretty good OBC from our travel agent. My husband did order a bottle of CC to the room and I brought on 2 bottles of wine so this worked best for us. At dinner we ordered a few bottles of wine though out the week and my husband had a few beers at the pool but we didn't come anywhere close to spending the daily fee for the drink pkgs.

As I said...music is such a personal thing....there is a place for the loud music....but we just wished it hadn't been in the foyer which carries throughout the main part of the ship. We went one night to the martini bar and ended up taking our drinks back to our room as the music was so loud we couldn't hear each other talk! It was some kind of duo using an ipad?

Lise, Totally agree about the music! Martini bar had really loud music that just didn't seem to go with the setting. Agree about pool music, too. just not my thing. Did you go to Carli's in San Juan? How was it? We ended up cancelling. Looking forward to your review.

One question: How was the food in the MDR? We had only one meal there, it was lunch on Friday. I had the fried chicken and johnnycakes and it was awful! Jim had the pad thai and thought it was good. We had aqua class and thought the food was great in Blu.

Edited by carol1962

Yes....we went to Carls but ended up sitting outside and just ordering appetizers....it was great. We also went just once to the MDR and ate the rest of our meals at Blu. The first night our table in the MDR was by the kitchen/bus station and not that great. Next day we went to Blu and never went back to MDR!! Ok.....just finished 2nd load of laundry so will work on a longer review! :)