Premium Drink Package - Celebrity Reflection

louiseemma1000

We like Pino Noir, Cabs and an occasional Chardonnay. We're not wine snobs but certainly enjoy a wine with a good review regardless of price point We are sailing on Reflection in November 2014. Will we be satisfied with the "per glass" choices with the Premium Beverage Pkge?

Would we be better choosing a wine package to serve with dinner and just paying for whatever else we have to drink if that is an option? Thanks for your advice!

If you do not want to feel like you are being nickel and dimed. Go with the premium package. For the 80 ish dollars for a seven day cruise wether you drink a lot or not it is worth it. Not having to wonder if it covered on the standard package is a pain. Think about it. The standard package is free. Your are not paying for it. You are paying to upgrade. And when people say they are not big drinkers they don't remember that the premium package also includes the non alcoholic beverages too. We sailed family that didn't buy the premium package and then they were asking us to get their Evian and higher end wines we told them that they should have sprung for the premium package. If you drink $12 worth of higher booze and non booze drinks a day it pays for it. That is one drink at the molecular bar also, fresh squeezed orange juice in the mornings and not the orange water from the fountain. We are fans of the premium package and will always go that route when given the choice.

Remember to always enjoy your cruise, and don't sweat the small stuff.

We like Pino Noir, Cabs and an occasional Chardonnay. We're not wine snobs but certainly enjoy a wine with a good review regardless of price point We are sailing on Reflection in November 2014. Will we be satisfied with the "per glass" choices with the Premium Beverage Pkge?

Would we be better choosing a wine package to serve with dinner and just paying for whatever else we have to drink if that is an option? Thanks for your advice!

I suggest that you check out the Celebrity Comprehensive Wine List from 2012 that I compiled at the time with the generous help of the Solstice MDR Head Maitr D and Sommelier (Mr Sloop & i too are serious wine lovers)

2012 Celebrity Wine List = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983

That list will give you a "general" idea of the types of wines that Celebrity stocks... They often refer to the line as having the most extensive collection at sea

Be aware tho that:

(a) Prices are as of Jan 2012, so not current, and

(b) Wines do change from time to time based on availability & where in the world the ship is, and

© Not all Ships may carry the full line.

As I said it will serve as a Starting Point...

In 2012, the Classic Pkg covered wines up to $ 8 a glass... And Premium up to $ 12 a glass... So you can use those numbers as a guide on which pkg which wines might be found now

Hope this helps (some)

Cheers!

Ps... Don't forget you can always upgrade a Bevvy Pkg onboard (ie go from Classic to Premium) or buy one if you haven't already. IMHO, Sometimes it is worth waiting to see what actually will work for you.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that if you upgrade to the premium package on board that it is more expensive than if you called ahead of time. Can anyone tell me if this is still the case? I thought it was the same price to upgrade whether you did it prior to your cruise or waited until you were on board.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that if you upgrade to the premium package on board that it is more expensive than if you called ahead of time. Can anyone tell me if this is still the case? I thought it was the same price to upgrade whether you did it prior to your cruise or waited until you were on board.

By Upgrade from Classic to Premium... I assume you are referring to the 123GO Bevvy Pkgs.

That upgrade known as the 123Go Classic to Premium Upgrade costs $ 10 US per day (well they count nights remaining actually) plus 15% for Grats for a total of $11.50 US per night per person

The price to Upgrade is the same no matter when / where you make the purchase ashore or onboard

The advantage to doing ashore is no long line ups

The advantage to doing on the ship is you can take the time to see how the Classic suits you or not... And you only pay the upgrade $ 11.50 US rate for any nights remaining (downside... No Backdating... So anything you buy over the Classic Max Limit price will remain on your Sea Pass Account Bill)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Am I correct in assuming that you must sign the drink slips for the classic beverage package but not the premium package?

Once you have a Bevvy Pkg, it s just a matter of "swipe and go"... No chits to sign

This is one of the nicest things about having a pkg (no matter what type)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I understand that now the Classic Package covers wines up to $9.00. I was so glad to hear that.

Don't get too excited...

The max price per pour went up for Wine on the Classic to $ 9 (from $ 8) cause prices went up across the board.

The Classic went from $ 44 US per day plus 15% Grats... To $ 49 US per day plus 15% Grats

The Premium went from $ 54 US per day plus 15% Grats... To $ 59 US per day plus 15% Grats

And just about every drink on board... Including that $ 8 glass of wine went up a dollar

So in truth, not a lot has changed... Except it will cost you more

Cheers!