What is up with customer service?

~Christie~

So I just got a mailer on Saturday quoteing specific rates for 7 Day on the Magic and when I called to see what the dates were for those rates they could not seem to find those rates! They could not even find the promo on the card.

The guy was nice and he tried, but he could not find those rates anywhere and he talked to a supervisor and was told that apparently those "rates" are limited and once they are booked they can't find them anywhere.

So, I am frustrated! Not so much that I did not get the rate, but more so that they would send out a mailer with false advertisement on it. They apparently could not even find what mailer I was talking about when I gave them the code.

Sorry for the vent!

So I just got a mailer on Saturday quoteing specific rates for 7 Day on the Magic and when I called to see what the dates were for those rates they could not seem to find those rates! They could not even find the promo on the card.

The guy was nice and he tried, but he could not find those rates anywhere and he talked to a supervisor and was told that apparently those "rates" are limited and once they are booked they can't find them anywhere.

So, I am frustrated! Not so much that I did not get the rate, but more so that they would send out a mailer with false advertisement on it. They apparently could not even find what mailer I was talking about when I gave them the code.

Sorry for the vent!

Are you sure the mailer was from Carnival? We have received a couple from 3rd parties....

Yeah it is Carnival. It is a past guest promo. They found the promo code but nothing was listed at the rates for the 7 day on the Magic (which the promo specifically stated).

Anthony (CS rep) was great he really tried to help, but they had no clue on what I was talking about. I guess I should have scan or faxed in the brochure so they could see I was not crazy - lol

I received an e-mail from Carnival and when I called to book the agent couldn't find the rate. She wondered if it didn't have to be booked online, but I told her what number and extension the e-mail said to call (hers). She asked me to forward the e-mail to her. She also told me should would call me back the next day. I figured by then it would be too late and all the deals gone.

Imagine my surprise when about an hour later she called me back. She showed the e-mail to the supervisor and they figured out how to get me the rate on the sailing I wanted and she was able to give me the best available balcony (8G) for the same price as the 8A quoted on the flyer. Great customer service from Rebecca in Miami!

Edited by DebJ14

That is good!

I went online myself to try and find it and I did find rates that were cheaper than what I was being told by CS rep., but it was not the rate that was on the mailer.

I kinda want to call back to see about speaking to a supervisor, but I am not sure. We are trying to decide between Carnival and giving Princess a try. Right now Princess' rates seem to be unbeatable.