St. Thomas Questions

teachercruiser

Hi, everybody. This forum has been a great source of info, but I have a few questions about St. Thomas:

1. Can we just get off of the ship and hire a taxi to the beaches and shopping? Can we hire one all day, or do we need to make prior arrangements for an all-day taxi service?

2. There will only be one other ship in port that day, so we were considering going to either Magan's Bay, or Coki Beach. We would like beach chairs and umbrellas to rent. Don't really care either way about renting snorkeling gear, just want to relax. Which beach is better?

3. If we decide to just go to a beach, will there be taxis available to return us to the ship from either beach?

Thanks for your help - I'm sure that we will have a great vacation!

Hello,

Yes you can get off the ship and get a taxi, there is a dispatcher waiting and you can ask them for information and they help coordinate passengers with taxi drivers.

You can hire one for the day. Hourly rates: Sedan/Mini Van $35; Van $50; Safari $75. You have to negociate with the driver in terms of arranging this.

Both Magens and Coki have beach chairs. No umbrellas at Magens - the treeline provides good shade.

There are taxis readily available at Coki and Magens Bay for when you are ready to leave.

--Islander

http://www.*****

hey, we did coki on our own, taxi about $10pp for two each way, chairs $5 each. secluded beach away from coral world... one minute walk. basic snorkeling. facilities and taxi's waiting to take you back. if you want pictures I sent you a link... my computer with our pic's is crashed. we loved it enough to seek out our booked cruise that HAD to goto st. thomas so we could go back to coki.

Not a fancy resort. just the basics.. fried food, the best frozen drinks and beer, great service... not pushy locals, a bathroom and some rental snorkel stuff with a tourist stand. only questioned once for hairbraiding!!!!

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=54086&g2_page=2

try this link, e-mail me if it doesn't work nimbexed_n_down@hotmail.com

carol

Archived