platinum mistake?

flcruiser08

Itappears that carnival has made a mistake but I'm not complaining. We are set sail on our tenth cruise in a few days with only 60 days logged so why the platinum status? Did they extend the old ten cruise rule past Dec. 31St?

Somebody else posted something like this recently. Maybe because you booked it before 12/31/13, although that's not what was advertized.

Maybe you get to enjoy Platinum for one cruise then back to Gold status for you! LOL

Also, maybe your cruise was paid in full.

That may be true. Our Breeze cruise was paid in full prior to December 31,2013. Our Alaska cruise isn't paid for yet.

That may be true. Our Breeze cruise was paid in full prior to December 31,2013. Our Alaska cruise isn't paid for yet.

my hubby was one away at the end of 2013 and we have one booked for april 2014 and he shows platinum and it's not all paid!

i'm not complaining :)

I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I didn't bother to ask why, but we are having the same experience. This upcoming cruise on the Liberty is my tenth, was booked last summer, and paid for in November. We are listed as Platinum on the docs. Don't know why but happy enough about it. (Unfortunately won't be taking advantage of most of the perks though, as my SIL is cruising with us, (first cruise for her, and booked single) so we will board in the slow lane with her, and likely pass on priority tendering too, to stay together.) Still I'll get a kick out of having the Platinum card. I may even send out some laundry, just to say I got it for free. (Don't take much to make me happy;-)

Same thing has happened for us, docs say platinum but it is our 10th cruise and we did not meet the deadline. Here is the kicker! I bought FTTF and it appears I don't need it now? What would you do keep it and be safe or can you even get a refund? We are only 30 days out now.

I bought FTTF and it appears I don't need it now? What would you do keep it and be safe or can you even get a refund? We are only 30 days out now.

My wife and I took our 9th & 10th CCL cruises last April. We also bought FTTF, and ended up not needing it because we received platinum cards on both the 9th & 10th cruises.

Didn't take the chance of cancelling FTTF as I was not sure before we boarded that we would actually get platinum cards.

Kevin C