Celebrity Equinox 6/21/2014 out of Istanbul

LyleTx

My partner, Chuck, and I are arriving in Istanbul on the 18th. We are open to touring with other people. We would love to see the local sites...spice market, blue mosque, haj sophia, etc. Sometimes it's more fun to go with a group. Anyone interested in a get together in Turkey?

countdown.pl?image=venice&name=juan2kmo&date=6-21-2014&text=&ship=Celebrity Equinox

We would but we only arrive the night before so it will have to drinks on the ship instead.

Where would everyone like to meet up? The Martini bar? 8 pm? I think we have dinner reservations for 8.45pm.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Juan. Sorry I did not reply sooner, but apparently my notification of new postings didn't work. I'm also arriving on the 18th (Bobby gets there a day earlier). We were looking at gay/gay-friendly tours. We were thinking about doing one for the main sights during the day, and then also thinking about a night tour around the Taksim area. Have you made any arrangements yet? The tourist company has either private tours or group tours. Bobby has the info. We'd be interested in having you join us, or us joining you.

Would anyone be interested in booking a private tour out of Salerno? I'm really interested in visiting Positano, and I don't know that the ship excursions spend any time there. We found a private tour that lets you select your itinerary among Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi. Here is the link:

http://m.viator.com/tour/italy/salerno-shore-excursion-private-day-trip-to-sorrento-positano-and-amalfi/0-2958SALERNO/info.htm

The price would be $150pp for 4 people, $89pp for 8.

Please let me know if you are interested. You can contact me directly by email at lyle_m@yahoo.com

Would anyone be interested in booking a private tour out of Salerno? I'm really interested in visiting Positano, and I don't know that the ship excursions spend any time there. We found a private tour that lets you select your itinerary among Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi. Here is the link:

http://m.viator.com/tour/italy/salerno-shore-excursion-private-day-trip-to-sorrento-positano-and-amalfi/0-2958SALERNO/info.htm

The price would be $150pp for 4 people, $89pp for 8.

Please let me know if you are interested. You can contact me directly by email at lyle_m@yahoo.com

If you just want to go to Positano there are ferries from Salerno http://www.travelmar.it/en/

Lyle, we already joined a group in Salerno that is going to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. We would be interested in joining you and your friend in Istanbul before the cruise for something. Are you flying in from Toronto on AirCanada on the 18th? I saw that Simon is! Maybe we could meet for drinks before the flight in Toronto?

John

Lyle, we already joined a group in Salerno that is going to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. We would be interested in joining you and your friend in Istanbul before the cruise for something. Are you flying in from Toronto on AirCanada on the 18th? I saw that Simon is! Maybe we could meet for drinks before the flight in Toronto?

John

Hey John,

I'm flying through Frankfort instead of Toronto. As far as a tour in Instanbul, we just booked a private tour on June 19th. It would be great if you'd like to join us. Looks like we'd save 5Euro pp. Almost 1/2 a cocktail! Here's the link:

http://www.turkey-gay-travel.com/dailytours1.html

We're doing Private Tour #3. I seem to not be getting automatic replies, so email me directly at lyle_m@yahoo.com if you decide you want to join us, or have any questions. Thanks!

Davidob, thanks for the ferry suggestion, but I want to see all of the Almalfi coast including Positano

I found this information on the Meet me on board website and thought I would share it here:

LGBT mixer events aboard Celebrity Cruises will now kick off with a Happy Hour on day one of the voyage. The first-day event will be promoted in the passenger newsletter ‘Celebrity Today,” and thereafter on the bulletin board.

Celebrity told MMOB exclusively that the new LGBT events will take place in the Martini Bar or Sunset Bar (Solstice Class), with the first event hosted by an Officer, Cruise Director, or other shipboard staff member who will be available to answer questions about the ship, upcoming events and ports of call.

Edited by LyleTx

Hey John,

I'm flying through Frankfort instead of Toronto. As far as a tour in Instanbul, we just booked a private tour on June 19th. It would be great if you'd like to join us. Looks like we'd save 5Euro pp. Almost 1/2 a cocktail! Here's the link:

http://www.turkey-gay-travel.com/dailytours1.html

We're doing Private Tour #3. I seem to not be getting automatic replies, so email me directly at lyle_m@yahoo.com if you decide you want to join us, or have any questions. Thanks!

John, the tour company needs 48 hours notice if we change our private tour reservation from 2 to 4. Please let me know soon if you want to be included. Thanks!

Lyle

• 2 weeks later...