Just back - Zuiderdam - 7/9-7/16!

dhowell

Thx so much for reply re: cabanas. I have the yellow booked for the Zuiderdam Xmas cruise (special treat for my mom). I would much prefer to enjoy lunch in the cabana vs standing in line, etc. Not mention, I believe the yellow is some distance from the food area. I was recently disappointed to learn that Butler service isn't available in the yellow or terra cotta cabanas, either. I was toying with that as a big holiday present. Oh, well. That dilemma is solved (butler service or no).

Denise,

I have a few questions about the waverunners. Apx. how long is the rental time, age requirement and can you have two people on one waverunner for the same price? I have two boys 13 & 16 who would like to try it. Thanks, Dennis

The jet skis are single person and you have to have a valid drivers license to ride...or be 16 because I don't think they actually ask to see your license.

The jet skis are single person and you have to have a valid drivers license to ride...or be 16 because I don't think they actually ask to see your license.

We rode double but paid for two.

Candy <-- will do it again in 24 days

Dennis - The answers above are correct. My 16 y.o. did go on his own - I just signed him up and they never asked for a driver's license (he has a permit). There were 2 girls riding on one but I'd suggest some experience here - the back person really has to hold on tight! I can't remember the total time - my guess is a good 1/2 hour of riding (I think everyone had enough!). I was able to send my 14 y.o. daughter horsebackriding with other relatives. We signed up for the last excursion (I believe it was 2:15 - you have to report in 10 minutes ahead of time), then caught a tender immediately afterwards. It is a lot of fun! Good luck - Denise:)

Regarding the formal and informal nights - we are going on October 1st (Eastern) - can you remember which nights were the two formal nights & the semi or informal? I am one of those idiots who makes a list of what clothes & what day I will wear them.

Also, we are line dancers - were there any line dancing events?

Regarding the formal and informal nights - we are going on October 1st (Eastern) - can you remember which nights were the two formal nights & the semi or informal? I am one of those idiots who makes a list of what clothes & what day I will wear them.

Also, we are line dancers - were there any line dancing events?

Shirljean,

If you are sailing with us on Oct. 1st on Zuiderdam, you should check out the HAL Roll Call Board. Just look for the thread Zuiderdam 10/01/05. With you we now have 13 couples or groups that have indicated they will be sailing on Oct.1st. It is hoped that we will be able to schedule a meet and greet sailaway party sometime after departure.

Now if I'm not mistaken, the formal nights are always the evenings after our days at-sea. So, that would make Monday and Thursday evenings formal. I'm not sure about the informal.

Richard & Judie

Familycruizer,

We were on the aquatrax with Denise. From what I remember, two girls did "buddy up," but I believe you still have to pay full price for each rider. They require a valid driver's license, but did not actually check ours. We had five in our group, including our children ages 18, 20, and 22. There were 10 wave runners in all and the excursion sells out pretty quickly. We rode for at least 30 minutes through the lagoon on the back side of HMC. It was a blast and one of our best excursions ever! Hope this helps.:)

Archived