Chefs Table on Senation

BigAlexC

Hello All!

Heading out on the Sensation Feb 6th for a short 3 day cruise to Nassau. Celebrating birthdays, both my GF and myself. My 2nd cruise, her 1st! I am hoping to book a reservation for the CT. I've sent a couple of emails, as instructed in other posts.

Has anyone done this on the Sensation? I've found other reviews for other ships, but not the Sensation... Any info is appreciated!

We SAW Chef's table on Sensation because they served everyone in the Library which was right outside the MDR. Everyone lined up waiting for their table was watching the show with great interest. Couple of servers even had to shuffle thru the crowd to get in and out of the room.

Quite honestly I wouldn't have been happy paying $75 to be gawked at in a fishbowl like that. The setup on Dream was much better.

Great reply Sinjan. This is the exact info I was looking for. I was hoping it would be in the galley area so we can see all that happens behind the scenes while we enjoyed dinner. The librabry sounds like an interesting location to have this, in both good an bad.

Anyone else have any info on this? Has anyone partaking in this event on the Sensation?

They may have done a galley tour before or after the meal. What I saw was the actual meal service going on in the library.

I have to say, Sensation was my least favorite ship so far. It's been the only ship I was ready to get off of and the only time I've experienced bad service and gotten attitude from crew members. It was only our 4th cruise but the whole experience was so markedly different from what we had come to expect from Carnival, I told DH that if that had been our first, there would not have been a second.

They may have done a galley tour before or after the meal. What I saw was the actual meal service going on in the library.

I have to say, Sensation was my least favorite ship so far. It's been the only ship I was ready to get off of and the only time I've experienced bad service and gotten attitude from crew members. It was only our 4th cruise but the whole experience was so markedly different from what we had come to expect from Carnival, I told DH that if that had been our first, there would not have been a second.

WOW! We had just the opposite experience on the Sensation! We had a blast on our 3 night trip to the Bahama's.

I do agree about the Chef's table being a fishbowl, don't do it. Spend your money on something else. The food was great and the service better in the YTD fantasy dining room.

The boat was cozy being a smaller boat and there was never a long line anywhere, except the mongolian grill but it was worth it. We could easily get anywhere on the ship quickly and effortlessly.

We had a very relaxing time and would book on the same boat again in a heartbeat.

WOW! We had just the opposite experience on the Sensation! We had a blast on our 3 night trip to the Bahama's.

I do agree about the Chef's table being a fishbowl, don't do it. Spend your money on something else. The food was great and the service better in the YTD fantasy dining room.

The boat was cozy being a smaller boat and there was never a long line anywhere, except the mongolian grill but it was worth it. We could easily get anywhere on the ship quickly and effortlessly.

We had a very relaxing time and would book on the same boat again in a heartbeat.

i agree with you on the sensation. we sailed her last year on our first cruise. my husband wasn't exactly happy about going on a cruise but once we sailed her he was ready to book another one. so we are going on her again in may. i can't wait!!

i was also thinking about doing the ct but i don't think i want all those people looking at us while we eat. we might try it when we go on a bigger ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you lovemylife0215 & ladythaij! I have real ALOT of reviews and it seems the vast majority enjoyed their time on this ship. I expect we will as well. We are driving over from Tampa to partake on this cruise and, as I said before, it will be my GF's 1st cruise. I think its the perfect lenght for a 1st timer to get the feel for the cruise lifestyle.

Any must do's or recommendations for things to do or see? All info is appreciated.

BTW - We did receive confirmation that we are booked for the CT today. We are "foodies" so to speak so I think we will still partake ion this event regardless of the location the dnner is actual held in.

I LOVE the Sensation! It's small and cozy and the staff is great. I'm actually getting married on the Sensational s this was the first ship/vacation we took together when we started dating.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've had the pleasure of enjoying the Chef's Table experience on multiple CCL ships in years past, including twice on Carnival Sensation. The first time was with a total of eight passengers, and the second was with ten.

If people were gawking from outside the library at our experience, I was totally unaware, as I had my back toward the entry doors.

The meal was equally delicious on Sensation as those served in the galley or other private dining spaces on different ships.

I've had the pleasure of enjoying the Chef's Table experience on multiple CCL ships in years past, including twice on Carnival Sensation. The first time was with a total of eight passengers, and the second was with ten.

If people were gawking from outside the library at our experience, I was totally unaware, as I had my back toward the entry doors.

The meal was equally delicious on Sensation as those served in the galley or other private dining spaces on different ships.

We are looking forward to it! This will be our 1st exeprience at the CT and, if my GF enjoys her 1st cruise, I'm sure it won't be our last. I'll be sure to let everyone know what we thought when we get back.

I LOVE the Sensation! It's small and cozy and the staff is great. I'm actually getting married on the Sensational s this was the first ship/vacation we took together when we started dating.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Congrats! We may be following your footsteps... this our 1st curise we will be taking together. Hoepfully many more to come!