Can I walk from the Sheraton to the Condado beach area?

Rachel302

Our preferred area to stay the night before our cruise is the Condado beach area on Ashford Ave near the resorts. We like to have dinner at Budatai and walk along the shopping areas there. This year however, my attempt the save money on the hotel with hotwire and priceline landed me at the Sheraton (the one by the convention center). Looks like a nice property, but not so close to our evening plans. Even though its only about a mile away, it like there's a bridge between the two areas.. can't really tell from the maps. Can we walk?

Based on our experience, I would say "yes." We walked from our hotel, La Concha, to the Celebrity Summit docked at the Pan Am pier, for embarkation December 21, 2013. The walk was completely flat and took about 30-40 minutes.

Our preferred area to stay the night before our cruise is the Condado beach area on Ashford Ave near the resorts. We like to have dinner at Budatai and walk along the shopping areas there. This year however, my attempt the save money on the hotel with hotwire and priceline landed me at the Sheraton (the one by the convention center). Looks like a nice property, but not so close to our evening plans. Even though its only about a mile away, it like there's a bridge between the two areas.. can't really tell from the maps. Can we walk?

Yes, you can walk, it may take awhile, but it's nice to walk sometimes, however, I would look into taking the bus. It's cheap 75 cents and a bus ride is always an adventure. Ask at your hotel which bus to take, and don't forget to ask which bus number to hop back on to get back. The busses stop running to OSJ at 9:00, but I am not sure if they stop everywhere at 9.

Based on our experience, I would say "yes." We walked from our hotel, La Concha, to the Celebrity Summit docked at the Pan Am pier, for embarkation December 21, 2013. The walk was completely flat and took about 30-40 minutes.

Definitely doable to walk 40 minutes.. Are the roads safe to walk on? The google earth image I looked at made it look like highway ramps getting onto a bridge.

Definitely doable to walk 40 minutes.. Are the roads safe to walk on? The google earth image I looked at made it look like highway ramps getting onto a bridge.

Instead of walking along the innter pier, if you walk up to the north shore, the access to the bridge is really easy. We've done that a few times, running the path. It is a couple of miles all the way to Budatai.

So, yes, you can walk.

However, I would suggest that you try some new restaurants in Old San Juan. Budatai is a great restaurant, no question about that. But you may consider the really nice restaurants in Old San Juan, too. Perhaps Budatai for lunch, and other places for a strolling dinner.

Or a taxi.

thanks very much for the tips! We only get to go to Budatai once a year so we're excited to make our annual trek there. I think my husband already made reservations. He's been mumbling about their profiterole in his sleep. :p