Karaoke on the Voyager

Voyager had the same style last time I was on (July '03). Each night they had karaoke, and for the most part it was one song per person, although I would imagine that if there were not a lot of participants, they could have sang more. The winner of each nights performances participated in the "Idol" show the last night in the main theater. It was great! I'll be on Voyager again in under two week! I hope it's the same way. It's one of my fav's to watch each night.

Last year on the navigator and this year on the voyager there were two nights of karaoke. Since that had a bit of a difficult time some did sing a second song or song one solo and one as a duo.

The best of both night 'had' to compete in Studio B (ice ring). This has a little formal style to it.. the first two night are more about fun and less about competing but the final is still great fun.

On the voyager there we're even two peple from canada that didn't knew each other (they both entered as solo singers) and entered again as a duo. As a duo they made it to the final; the female also a finalist as a solo singer. She had a great voice.

Hubby & I did the karaoke on the Voyager last year. I believe they had it 3 different nights and the winner of each category from each night went on to compete in the finals. There were so many people who wanted to sing each night, that not only did you only get to sing once, but many didn't get a chance at all because they put their names on the list too late. (so if you're interested, get there early and sign up)

Unfortunately, we made it to the finals as a duet and I had to go on the big stage and I completely freaked!!!! I've never been so scared in all my life.

Archived