Cheers - Taxes/Jacksonville

Dare2Believe

I know, I know..another Cheers question. :o

I've seen that if you purchase the Cheers program upon embarkation (i.e. while we're still docked in Jacksonville) that you are, naturally, still responsible for the Florida taxes in addition to the 15% gratuity added.

How much is that (appx)? Taxes in NY are about 8.25%...not sure if it's more or less down in Florida. Just trying to budget..

Edited by Dare2Believe

I know, I know..another Cheers question. :o

I've seen that if you purchase the Cheers program upon embarkation (i.e. while we're still docked in Jacksonville) that you are, naturally, still responsible for the Florida taxes in addition to the 15% gratuity added.

How much is that (appx)? Taxes in NY are about 8.25%...not sure if it's more or less down in Florida. Just trying to budget..

35 minutes after sailing you will be international waters just purchase it then to save the 7%...

Edited by AndrewD65

35 minutes after sailing you will be international waters just purchase it then to save the 7%...

True! But what about those first few hours before leaving port? I can hardly wait that long and NOT have a tropical beverage! ;-)

Edited by Dare2Believe

True! But what about those first few hours before leaving port? I can hardly wait that long and NOT have a tropical beverage! ;-)

lol.. I was just talking with my friend that's going with me on my cruise next month and I said the same thing. I will just suffer and pay the 7% to start drinking right away.

You will not be charged tax on Cheers, regardless of when you purchase it. If you purchase at boarding, you will be charged tax only on individual drinks you purchase while still in US waters. Ie: Purchase Cheers. Buy one drink. Sign receipt for a few cents.

You will not be charged tax on Cheers, regardless of when you purchase it. If you purchase at boarding, you will be charged tax only on individual drinks you purchase while still in US waters. Ie: Purchase Cheers. Buy one drink. Sign receipt for a few cents.

Thank you, I dont know why people continue to say there is a tax on the cheers program... The tax is only on drinks you order before reaching international waters and this applies to all drinks, whether you have the cheers program or not.... everyone pays the tax per drink ordered, has nothing to do with the cheers program

Yep. This. :) Buy away!

Great! Someone else just told me this as well..good to know! Thanks :)