New Orleans boarding time.

grumplin

I'm wondering what time we should get to the port for the Elation. I know last year we were on the Sensation earlier than the 1 to 3 our documents said. In Port Canaveral. I don't want to be too early and have the whole family waiting forever. Any tips on the time? We do have priority boarding a FTTF. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

I'm wondering what time we should get to the port for the Elation. I know last year we were on the Sensation earlier than the 1 to 3 our documents said. In Port Canaveral. I don't want to be too early and have the whole family waiting forever. Any tips on the time? We do have priority boarding a FTTF. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Arrive at 10:30 you should be on by 11 if there are no delays.

We sailed the Elation the week before Christmas, got to the port about 10:45 and walked through the whole boarding process without a line or delay. We were in a short line for the deli by 11:15 or so (mmmmm Rueben). If you can, get your money back from the FTTF as there was absolutely no advantage to having it.

We sailed the Elation the week before Christmas, got to the port about 10:45 and walked through the whole boarding process without a line or delay. We were in a short line for the deli by 11:15 or so (mmmmm Rueben). If you can, get your money back from the FTTF as there was absolutely no advantage to having it.

We wanted it so the rooms were available right away. I do not want to end up lugging the kids bags too. If we were to cancel wouldn't we have to lug bags around a few hours? How early can you get to the rooms? We had FFTF last year and got right in.

Edited by grumplin

We wanted it so the rooms were available right away. I do not want to end up lugging the kids bags too. If we were to cancel wouldn't we have to lug bags around a few hours? How early can you get to the rooms? We had FFTF last year and got right in.

I would keep the FTTF, without it you may not get to your cabin until 1:00 or after. I bought it for my cruise because I would be the one lugging around the carry on things. You get priority luggage delivery too so make sure they know you have FTTF when you check in your luggage. They should put priority stickers on it. Some have reported their luggage made it to their rooms before they did. I can't wait to try it in New Orleans in May.

When we used FTTF on the Conquest in May 2013 at NOLA we boarded by 11:45. It was a bit late because the ship did not even get to the dock until around 7 am that day due to weather.

When we got on the ship, the first thing we did was go to our room and drop off our carry ons and our luggage was waiting for us there.

We arrived at the dock around 10am and were checked in and waiting for the ship to clear in under 10 minutes. We sat in the FTTF area (red chairs) and people watched for a while and they started the boarding process.

If you are arriving to port by taxi, the porters will meet you at the cab and unload the luggage for you. Just point out the FTTF logo on your bag and they will put the sticker on there. I am sure a good tip did not hurt the delivery times as well, I handed the guy a $10 bill for helping us out getting everything out of the trunk and onboard.

I would keep the FTTF, without it you may not get to your cabin until 1:00 or after. I bought it for my cruise because I would be the one lugging around the carry on things. You get priority luggage delivery too so make sure they know you have FTTF when you check in your luggage. They should put priority stickers on it. Some have reported their luggage made it to their rooms before they did. I can't wait to try it in New Orleans in May.

I will point out FTTF. We didn't point it out last year but it was there right away. Hubby just pointed out I could cancel it for one room and keep the other. Then drop all the bags in the one room.

Edited by grumplin

You can put everything that you need between 11-1 in just one hand luggage, so you don't have a lot of things to carry around.

You sure can, but most people carry on items like electronics, medical equipment, water/soda/wine.

I understand traveling lightly, but we bring a couple of cameras, a laptop for storing pictures (and we don't want to leave it in the trunk for a week), my cpap, our case of water, and two bottles of wine.

When we used FTTF on the Conquest in May 2013 at NOLA we boarded by 11:45. It was a bit late because the ship did not even get to the dock until around 7 am that day due to weather.

When we got on the ship, the first thing we did was go to our room and drop off our carry ons and our luggage was waiting for us there.

We arrived at the dock around 10am and were checked in and waiting for the ship to clear in under 10 minutes. We sat in the FTTF area (red chairs) and people watched for a while and they started the boarding process.

If you are arriving to port by taxi, the porters will meet you at the cab and unload the luggage for you. Just point out the FTTF logo on your bag and they will put the sticker on there. I am sure a good tip did not hurt the delivery times as well, I handed the guy a $10 bill for helping us out getting everything out of the trunk and onboard.

We will be parking our car there. Last time they had us pull up and drop the bag before we parked. I tipped $5 for one bag. Think that was enough?

You can put everything that you need between 11-1 in just one hand luggage, so you don't have a lot of things to carry around.

Pretty sure that would eventually amount too both kids backpacks full of soda and junk, my purse and my carry on with the wine.

We were on the 1/2/14 Elation with FTTF. There was no special seating area in the terminal, but they did call us to board right after the Diamond/Plat folks so we were on the ship about 11:15. The main steel doors to the hallways where the cabins are were all closed (but not locked). We went ahead and opened it anyway. As we walked the corridor to our cabin the stewards politely informed us that the rooms would not be ready until 1:15, when we told them we had FTTF they were polite and pointed the way to the room. Our room was not quite ready, but the steward was actively working on it . We left our bags in the closets, made use of the safe and headed up to Lido by 11:25! So nice not to lug everything around! Seriously nice...first time we have ever not had to tote everything around for 2 hours or leave someone sitting with all the bags. NICE!

Also FTTF made self debarkation a breeze!

It was worth it to us and I will try to get it for any future cruises :)

We were on the 1/2/14 Elation with FTTF. There was no special seating area in the terminal, but they did call us to board right after the Diamond/Plat folks so we were on the ship about 11:15. The main steel doors to the hallways where the cabins are were all closed (but not locked). We went ahead and opened it anyway. As we walked the corridor to our cabin the stewards politely informed us that the rooms would not be ready until 1:15, when we told them we had FTTF they were polite and pointed the way to the room. Our room was not quite ready, but the steward was actively working on it . We left our bags in the closets, made use of the safe and headed up to Lido by 11:25! So nice not to lug everything around! Seriously nice...first time we have ever not had to tote everything around for 2 hours or leave someone sitting with all the bags. NICE!

Also FTTF made self debarkation a breeze!

It was worth it to us and I will try to get it for any future cruises :)

Did you show them anything when you told them that you were FTTF or did they request to see anything?

Do the suites get ready sooner. We are sailing this Sunday and our deck 5 wrap became a suite so I want any perk I can get.

From what I was told the room being ready right away is only guaranteed for diamond, platinum and fttf. I called to double check about keeping fttf since we booked 2 GS and it had been pointed out to me here the fttf wouldn't do anything.

Edited by grumplin