Partially Chartered Cruise

NikePeanut

I am so jealous! We are booked on the Live Loud Festival on the Pearl at the end of February and I don't recognize any of the bands playing. I didn't realize that there were other music cruises available or else I would have picked something else. Still, I'm really looking forward to LLF and I'm sure I'll find some great music. Mountain Song at Sea sounds awesome! I've actually seen many of those bands and they are all good. If you are allowed to see some of the shows, check them out. Trampled by Turtles, David Grisman, Steep Canyon Rangers (when I saw them at Bonnaroo in 2011 they had Steve Martin on banjo/lead vocals) and Carolina Chocolate Drops are all amazing bands. I haven't seen the other bands but I'm sure they are great as well. Did I mention that I'm jealous? LOL! I'm sure you'll have fun and find plenty to do even if you aren't allowed into all the shows/events. :)

I am sailing on the Pearl February 3-7 and found out that it is partially chartered for a bluegrass event. Has anyone ever been on a partially chartered cruise? Was wondering what to expect. Will the entertainment be the same, same food, just will it ruin my experience. TIA

You'll probably be hearing a huge amount of Bluegrass...and as long as you are okay with Bluegrass...you'll probably be okay...though, with any large group booking, there is always the possibility that certain parts of the ship may be reserved at times for those who are part of that group. Here's the link to the event:

Sixthman Mountain Song at Sea - Bluegrass Floats 3-7/2014 Miami to Cozumel and Key West on Norwegian Pearl :)

Edited by cruiseclues

I am so jealous! We are booked on the Live Loud Festival on the Pearl at the end of February and I don't recognize any of the bands playing. I didn't realize that there were other music cruises available or else I would have picked something else. Still, I'm really looking forward to LLF and I'm sure I'll find some great music. Mountain Song at Sea sounds awesome! I've actually seen many of those bands and they are all good. If you are allowed to see some of the shows, check them out. Trampled by Turtles, David Grisman, Steep Canyon Rangers (when I saw them at Bonnaroo in 2011 they had Steve Martin on banjo/lead vocals) and Carolina Chocolate Drops are all amazing bands. I haven't seen the other bands but I'm sure they are great as well. Did I mention that I'm jealous? LOL! I'm sure you'll have fun and find plenty to do even if you aren't allowed into all the shows/events. :)

AllyG - LLF is supposed to be about new bands to discover. Most music cruises are NOT as cheap as this one, so it's a good introduction. I'm paying triple the amount for The Rock Boat right before LLF and it's also 4 days.

As someone who has done the RockBoat (another SXM charter) many times and is doing it and Live Loud back to back, I can assure you, that you will love the bands on LLF. Most of them have been on past Rock Boats and are great! Especially make time to check out Bronze Radio Return and Saints of Valory - you won't be disappointed.

• 2 years later...

Miami to Bahamas Grand Stirrup & Nassau - Sixthman hosted the shows with the Gronk family Flo Rida Redfoo Waka Flocka Flame 3LAU comedian Finesse Mitchell & more. Great time had by all. Except ship didn't sell out so NCL started selling tickets $400 less pp & offered beverage package for free to ncl passengers where as Sixthman passengers had to buy the beverage package. Totally unfair. Many ppl made a fuss including myself, but sixthman wouldn't give us a refund on our tickets ncl wouldnt give us free beverage package. At the end of the day, it was all worth it. But do your research.