Zip lining on St. Thomas

WAMomzart

I have a few questions for anyone who has gone zip lining on St. Thomas.

1.Did you book through your cruise line (we are on the Carnival Dream), or on your own?

2. Pro's/con's to booking through cruise vs the company directly.

3. When booking through the cruise line, they say it takes approx 4 hours. Is this accurate? We would like to book snorkeling at Secret Harbor, but don't know if we would have time to do both.

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated!

Hi,

Yes, we booked thru our cruiseline (RCCL). we originally booked with Tree Limin' directly, then had to cancel the cruise and when we re-booked, Tree Limin' said we had to go thru the ship. the savings would have been wiped out by the taxi fare anyway. (Some of the companies say you have to book thru your ship)

I would say the pros/cons are like any other excursion on your own, you're more in control of your time if you book on your own, going thru the ship guarantees that you won't be left behind if it runs late, and is less hassle, but may be more expensive.

I would say 4 hours is a good estimate, by the time we got the waivers completed, got up to the top of the mountain, got fitted, and heard the instructions, then zip-lined - we also got in to the Botanical Gardens across the street for free - so we didn't leave as soon as we were done.

I would e-mail tree limin and see if they will let you book directly. And definitely book as soon as you can, there were only 16 people per group and we got the last 2 on our ship when I booked it 3 months out.

Hope that helps and you go, we had a blast.

My husband and boys did this while I spent the day at Coki. I booked thru carnival due to the taxi fare not being included in the rate posted from tree limin directly. I think I was told I had to book from cruise if on a cruise. I'm sure u could get around that policy but due to cost didn't seem worth it.

We booked once on ship and most time slots were full which surprised me so u should also book soon.

They enjoyed it but said it was too many people in their group and spent most of the time waiting for the rest if the group to go. I'm not sure if this could have been avoided if booking alone but by how my husband described it I kinda think so.

It cost around 350 for 3 people and by their description it wasn't worth the cost.

My son was really looking forward to zip lining so he would have been very disappointed if they didn't do it but in the end I think he was disappointed and we spent 350. Lesson learned for next time.

Not trying to talk u out of it, just telling their experience.