I am 17. Me and friend want a room seperate from parents

qman12341

Ok so I am 17 and my friend is 18. We booke to where I am with an adult in one room and he is in another room with another adult. With me being 17 I can only be 3 rooms away from my mom. But my mom wants a balcony room and we got an ocean view stateroom. The only problem is that there are no ocean view rooms within 3 rooms from my mom. Do you think once we get on board we could get away with us not being near my mom and them just switching our keys so me and my friend are together and my parents are together? And them just switching our keys? Because the only other option is to downgrade to an interior room near my mom. And The problem is that if they dont switch our keys me and my mom would have to keep switching keys with eachother.

I don't know the answer to if you can be switched out once onboard, although I doubt it because they may see the ages when you're at guest services to do so.

However, you could just have duplicate keys made for both rooms without switching people from one room to the other. So your mom would have access to both the balcony and the ocean view room but would only sleep in the room w/ the balcony.

If your parents say it is ok...one of them will need to go and just get a separate set of keys for the two people switching. The ONLY down side is the key is JUST a key...not your S & S card so those two people will need to carry both cards.

There are no nightly bed checks by CCL staff....only parents!! Have a great trip and stay safe!!!

I didn't know about duplicate keys... My DW and my oldest daughter switched S&S cards every time we went ashore as I had all of the cards linked to 1 credit card anyway.

I had a 17 yo a 19 in a room with my 24 yo and it was still a no go according to Carnival. You need a 25 yo in a room with anyone under 18.

Ok so I am 17 and my friend is 18. We booke to where I am with an adult in one room and he is in another room with another adult. With me being 17 I can only be 3 rooms away from my mom. But my mom wants a balcony room and we got an ocean view stateroom. The only problem is that there are no ocean view rooms within 3 rooms from my mom. Do you think once we get on board we could get away with us not being near my mom and them just switching our keys so me and my friend are together and my parents are together? And them just switching our keys? Because the only other option is to downgrade to an interior room near my mom. And The problem is that if they dont switch our keys me and my mom would have to keep switching keys with eachother.

Hey qman.

Is your friend a girl? ;););)

All joking aside its cool to see another young adult on here for once. I'm 18 by the way.

We've sailed with our kids numerous times and usually they are either beside or across the hall, however, a couple of years ago we wanted a porthole and we had an additional friend with us. There were no staterooms which held three within 3 rooms of ours. The closest was probably about 15-20 rooms away. We split our booking. My husband and son were on the manifest in the porthole and the girls and I were in the 3- person room. When we boarded we just went to guest services and got two room keys for the two of us whose sign and sail cards didn't work in the room we wanted to sleep in... Easy easy.

Your parents will have to decide what is best and work it out with Carnival.

Now while you are waiting to go on your cruise, please do your best in your English class.

Take one person from each room to the Guest Service Desk. Give them your keys and say, "Would you please make a room only entry key for each of these rooms?" They will do it. Now swap a key for each room and you can get into your room and the adults both have an entry key to your room. There is no need to explain to them who is sleeping where.

We do this when our girls are with us. The other benefit is for your parents, if one of them wishes to purchase the Cheers drink program, because since they are registered to separate rooms only one of the adults will need to buy it. :)