GVtours in Puerto Montt

oceanfan1212

Hi We are considering a tour with GV Tours in Puerto Montt. We will be on Golden Princess starting March 1. Has anyone had experience with this company? They seem reputable, Also, did anyone book this tour and need more people? We are 2 people.

WE have booked with them for our upcoming cruise on the Crown. I was very impressed with their service in booking. They even contacted me at home via the phone to answer questions. I will be blogging about my voyage and will review them there, but we will be there after you visit.

Vickie

I have a tour booked with them in a couple of weeks. Was it a good tour? Why were you late and did they know you would make the tender?

Thanks,

Wendy

It was an OK tour. Lunch was good. We were on the bus most of the time.

I'm not sure what you meant by this:

Why were you late and did they know you would make the tender?

They knew we were on tenders -there is no dock for anything larger than a tender at the port. We asked to be returned to port by 3:30. The guide did not ask when the last tender was and assumed it was 4:30 - his mistake. He did not manage the time properly to get us back anywhere close to 3:30. We spent a lot of time getting to and walking around in Frutillar and really didn't see anything. We didn't get to Puerto Varas (our second stop) until 11:30 or so. We had 40 minutes there, then back on the bus to lunch and then back on the bus to the National Park where we were given about another 40 minutes then back to port. Traffic was not a factor.

Hi We are considering a tour with GV Tours in Puerto Montt. We will be on Golden Princess starting March 1. Has anyone had experience with this company? They seem reputable, Also, did anyone book this tour and need more people? We are 2 people.

Have you registered on the Roll Call for this cruise? There maybe some vacancies for tours on there.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are on the same ship and just booked a tour with them a few days ago. Haven't used them before but they got right back to me and answered all my questions and don't require any money up front when you book so I feel O.K. with them.

• 4 weeks later...
My wife and I are on the same ship and just booked a tour with them a few days ago. Haven't used them before but they got right back to me and answered all my questions and don't require any money up front when you book so I feel O.K. with them.

We just had a great tour with GV tours in Puerto Montt. Visited Puerto Varas and the Petrohue falls. wonderful views of the Osorno Volcano. Lovely 3 course lunch with wine. A word of warning the roads to the falls are under repair with single line traffic controlled by traffic lights. This can add an hour each way to the journey and because our last tender was 4.15pm we were not able to go to Fruitiller.

• 2 months later...