Main Dinner Seating vs. My Time Dining

Do you realize that MTD usually opens at 5:30 pm and that you can get the same servers and table by asking? We don't want to eat that early but agree that 8 or 8:30 is usually too late for us, so MTD works perfectly for us. On almost all of our last several cruises we have been able to have the servers we requested.:)

Yes, I am aware of that but there is always a chance they won't be available (table or servers). It is just simpler to get traditional. It works better for us. I enjoy just being able to walk in and sit down.

Please help educate me on Royal's MTD. When I've used the MTD on Carnival, you just arrive to the dining room for dinner whenever you would like and you are seated. Am I correct in that on Royal you have to schedule a time?

Just off Oasis where we had mtd with a reservation at 530. I made the reservation online requesting a table for 2. We sat at the same table every night but one ( when we ran late) and had the same wait staff who addressed us by name from the first night!

Mtd early works for us and it was perfect for our schedule on oasis. I will say when I went to reserve all times between 600 and 800 were taken but 530 worked perfectly.

When you enter the dining room area, there are two lines: One for reservations and one for walkins.