Cheapest way to get from the Airport to OSJ

marycwilmes

Taxis are really the only way to go. They are very well organized, fast, safe, and efficient. You simply walk out of the airport and you'll see a taxi kiosk. You tell them where you are going; they write up a ticket for the driver with the price up front; and then will direct you to a waiting cab. Total time- a few minutes tops.

This is, by far, the best run taxi system I have encountered during my travels and the prices are very reasonable (per cab, not per person).

It is the same at the hotels. Cabs will be readily available and waiting. There should be someone in the lobby who will direct you to a cab as needed.

Even for 6 people?

Yes, the airport is in Zone 1 and the Pan Am Pier and pier in Old San Juan are in Zone 4.

The cost of a taxi for up to 5 passengers is $19.00 plus $1.00 per piece of luggage. There is a $2.00 charge for each additional passenger, and I've read that there is a $2.00 fuel surcharge. When our party of 5 took a taxi it was a large van with room for additional passengers, so you should be able to get a taxi for a party of 6. There are several websites with detailed information about the taxi rates in San Juan, Puerto Rico.