Bumped from our room

WishIWasCruisn724

I think you'll be happy in your new cabin. Not a downgrade at all and not a bad location.

Fresh air, close to the water and like you said -- you'll have somewhere to retreat to when the little one is sleeping.

We are definitely "aft wrap" lovers - but there is still part of me that would love to try a cove balcony...someday! ;) :D

The room that we booked was a handicapped room. It was suggested to us by our PVP. But, someone must have needed it, which we understand.

Don't mean to "change the topic" but shame on your PVP for suggesting you book a handicap cabin in the first place... And to be perfectly honest, my Mom has "booted" for lack of another word, passengers from a handicap cabin 3 days prior to her cruising, so it can and does happen... We booked last minute, our PVP put us thru to a PVP who only handles Special Needs cabins who checked and gave Mom the handicap cabin after calling the already booked passengers to make sure they didnt need the handicap cabin...

We had a cove balcony on the Dream last year. The balcony itself was absolutely wonderful. It was great to sit out and read and relax. I was traveling with my two teenage kids and they enjoyed as well. There was plenty of room in the cabin for 2 beds plus the couch/daybed for my 18 year old to sleep on comfortably.

The downside was DEFINITELY the galley noise beginning every night about 2-3am. The kids slept through it most nights but it definitely woke me up each night.

Have a great cruise :)

We are definitely "aft wrap" lovers - but there is still part of me that would love to try a cove balcony...someday! ;) :D

I think everyone loves aft wraps. But since there are usealy only 6 on most ships and 10 on a few they are hard to get and a lot more than a reg cabin. I love gold. lol

We were bumped from our category 4J room on the Lido deck today on the Dream to cove balcony room 2441. We knew this was a possibility when we booked the room, we just weren't expecting it to happen 9 days from the cruise. So, as you can imagine there weren't many rooms left. I have found conflicting reviews about this new room. Some say it was noisy, others say it was quiet. My question is if anyone has stayed in this room or any close to it recently? We will be travelling for the first time with our 2 year old and I was also wondering if there would be enough space for a crib? And any other info would be great. Just 9 days to go, we can't wait! Thanks in advance!

Isn't that putting you from an inside to a Balcony?

Personally I think this is a fantastic upgrade! From a window cabin to a balcony - that is awesome! Yes the previous cabin was bigger as it was a handicap room but to get the balcony is an upgrade IMO.

Just think when your LO naps or goes to bed early (guessing that your LO naps and/or goes to bed early)you and your spouse can enjoy the outdoors together.

I wondered what category one would get bumped too with a 4J. I booked a 4J, but asked my PVP to make sure we got the non-handicapped rooms so we didn't risk getting bumped. But it did cross my mind if they would offer us a interior or an oceanview if we had taken one and got bumped. B/c, really, this category is right in the middle between the two.

But seeing how we booked this room b/c we couldn't afford a balcony and wanted to closer to the spa (lido deck), we booked the regular 4J.

Good luck. I think getting a cove balcony was a great switch! I had a interior under the lido pool deck my first Carnival cruise. the chairs scrape a lot, so I can imagine what the galley sounds like. But I think we slept through most of it. However, we were our mid-20s and our nights ended late and sleep came easy. :p

We received a call from the special needs department and told us that we would have to move from our room because someone with special needs wanted to book.

I tried to book a handicap cabin for my Dad on the Victory last year. All of the HC cabins were full and no one from Carnival even offered to ensure that all of them were legitimately in need of the HC cabin amenities.

If this happens again, who do I call at Carnival that will then go through the list of passengers in HC's to verify.

This is such a shame that a TA suggested you book an HC cabin.

Don't mean to "change the topic" but shame on your PVP for suggesting you book a handicap cabin in the first place... And to be perfectly honest, my Mom has "booted" for lack of another word, passengers from a handicap cabin 3 days prior to her cruising, so it can and does happen... We booked last minute, our PVP put us thru to a PVP who only handles Special Needs cabins who checked and gave Mom the handicap cabin after calling the already booked passengers to make sure they didnt need the handicap cabin...

I agree with you, I will not be using this PVP in the future, I've had some other issues with him as well. I have no problem giving up the room for someone who needs it, I just wasn't expecting it with only 9 days left before cruising. But as you say, lots of people book last minute.

Personally I think this is a fantastic upgrade! From a window cabin to a balcony - that is awesome! Yes the previous cabin was bigger as it was a handicap room but to get the balcony is an upgrade IMO.

Just think when your LO naps or goes to bed early (guessing that your LO naps and/or goes to bed early)you and your spouse can enjoy the outdoors together.

Yes, it definitely works for us, beats sitting inside a cabin watching tv during naps and 8:00 bedtime! I just hadn't been researching this type of room so I really don't know what to expect.

I wondered what category one would get bumped too with a 4J. I booked a 4J, but asked my PVP to make sure we got the non-handicapped rooms so we didn't risk getting bumped. But it did cross my mind if they would offer us a interior or an oceanview if we had taken one and got bumped. B/c, really, this category is right in the middle between the two.

But seeing how we booked this room b/c we couldn't afford a balcony and wanted to closer to the spa (lido deck), we booked the regular 4J.

Good luck. I think getting a cove balcony was a great switch! I had a interior under the lido pool deck my first Carnival cruise. the chairs scrape a lot, so I can imagine what the galley sounds like. But I think we slept through most of it. However, we were our mid-20s and our nights ended late and sleep came easy. :p

When I checked the carnival website, it said there were no more interior rooms available (for 3 people anyway). So, I'm really not sure if it would have turned out differently if there were.

We're a little bummed that we will be away from the rest of our party. We're travelling with six others who are all within a room or two of our old room. I really think we're going to enjoy the cove balcony though.

[quote name='queeniesgirl']We had a cove balcony on the Dream last year. The balcony itself was absolutely wonderful. It was great to sit out and read and relax. I was traveling with my two teenage kids and they enjoyed as well. There was plenty of room in the cabin for 2 beds plus the couch/daybed for my 18 year old to sleep on comfortably.
The downside was DEFINITELY the galley noise beginning every night about 2-3am. The kids slept through it most nights but it definitely woke me up each night.
Have a great cruise :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='happy cruzin'][SIZE=3]We are definitely "aft wrap" lovers - but there is still part of me that would love to try a cove balcony...someday! ;) :D[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[quote name='detroitlions']I think everyone loves aft wraps. But since there are usealy only 6 on most ships and 10 on a few they are hard to get and a lot more than a reg cabin. I love gold. lol[/QUOTE]

Ever since I found out about aft wraps I've wanted one...

[quote name='WishIWasCruisn724']Ever since I found out about aft wraps I've wanted one...[/QUOTE]

I loved the aft-wraps on Carnival! The room is HUGE as well as the balcony! They tried to entice me into moving to a Junior Suite but I was like HECK NO!

[quote name='WishIWasCruisn724']Ever since I found out about aft wraps I've wanted one...[/quote]

[SIZE=3]LOL...be careful - they come with a BIG danger! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Once we went with the aft wraps - we don't want to try anything else. :eek: We upgraded to a Suite on the Dream and really missed our balcony space. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]So all aft for us...all the time. Even when we sail on NCL! ;)[/SIZE]

[quote name='ibcnusoon']I tried to book a handicap cabin for my Dad on the Victory last year. All of the HC cabins were full and no one from Carnival even offered to ensure that all of them were legitimately in need of the HC cabin amenities.

If this happens again, who do I call at Carnival that will then go through the list of passengers in HC's to verify.

This is such a shame that a TA suggested you book an HC cabin.[/QUOTE]

If you booked with a PVP, he or she should have transferred you to the PVP in the Special Needs Department. Unfortunately I don't have the name of the PVP we just spoke with last night but I remember some of the questions he asked.. Is my Mom using a wheelchair or scooter and can she walk a little distance without it.. Thats all I remember him asking. We are also on every cruise (you would think they would keep it on file but they don't) to submit a form saying that Mom needs the handicap cabin....

If you are using a PVP, and they dont offer to check for you, ASK.. My new PVP I dont have to ask but the last 2 we used, both times I had to ask them to please transfer me..