Parking For Port of New Orleans

Erebus

Does anyone have any suggestions for parking at the Port. Thoughts on the public versus private garages located close by. The most accessible to the port is the NOPA garage across from the port at $16 a day. Any other suggestions that are not too far. Thanks

On our previous cruise out of NOLA we parked at Fulton St Garage (rooftop at $8 a day) and took the shuttle to the port. This time we are considering parking at the port itself, just for the convenience factor (pulling in and having porters take our luggage and not having to take a shuttle), but I am not excited about the price because we are doing a B2B sailing on the Elation so that is 11 days of parking to pay for.

I would love to hear how early you can park at the port. Does anyone know how early they will let you park? I would not want to wait until 11 or 12 to park, so if that is the case we will park at Fulton St and take the shuttle. Also, any big backups waiting to get into the garage?

Thanks

On our previous cruise out of NOLA we parked at Fulton St Garage (rooftop at $8 a day) and took the shuttle to the port. This time we are considering parking at the port itself, just for the convenience factor (pulling in and having porters take our luggage and not having to take a shuttle), but I am not excited about the price because we are doing a B2B sailing on the Elation so that is 11 days of parking to pay for.

I would love to hear how early you can park at the port. Does anyone know how early they will let you park? I would not want to wait until 11 or 12 to park, so if that is the case we will park at Fulton St and take the shuttle. Also, any big backups waiting to get into the garage?

Thanks

They were allowing people to park at 9a; we got to the terminal via the shuttle at 10a, checked in was given Zone 3 and on the ship at 11a. Rooms were ready just before 1230p