AquaDuck heated?

rose102798

The AquaDuck is heated. Pools too. IMO you have now worries riding the Duck, or swimming, oops, I mean dipping, at anytime, regardless of season. The AD is between 72 and 78. DCL's goal is 78 for AD.

If in Port Canaveral in the winter the AquaDuck will be at least 74 degrees, even during a Polar Vortex. ;) Depending on winds/weather you may freeze when you exit, once wet, but .... You will also freeze while waiting in line 200 feet above sea level in that wind tunnel staircase. :D Well depending on season.

Others burn there feet and skin waiting in line in the summer. Life is a vicious cycle. Now what water temp they feel is appropriate is another story. Oh, wait you already heard it. lol. And whether it's at a comfortable temp when you ride is another story. Heavy winds and conditions hampers the heating too, and the body affects.

Don't forget to smile for the picture on the second dip, "if operable".

Your should notice a flash if possibly operable.

Check the kiosk in shutters for the AD pics, using you KTTW card, and the walls for the prints too. No one tells you this.

These water temps, including the AquaDuck, are displayed on the "ship" channel, along with temps in the other pools, and Splash Zones, in addition to apparent winds, heading, and such. No wave heights are displayed though anymore. :(

I "felt" the display was accurate. The AquaDuck never posted a temp below 73 degrees F on our Oct sailing. It averaged 76 fwiw. IMO There was no logical pattern to the temps on the AD. It ranged between 78 and 74. IOW it wasn't like at night the temp was 73 degrees. Or during the day it was always 78 degrees in sunshine. No pattern whatsoever. It fluctuated. lol. Actually now that I think about it, the warmest was at night. IIRC It was great.

Oh, BTW you must ride AD at night with the lights. Wow. Totally different than the day. Well at least for a dull 40 y/o. lol

Now whether they fail to heat summer sailings, and the temp falls below that I'll never know. Can't afford it. lol. Which is fine unless exposed to wind, then brutal sunshine. It's the variance that hurts.

What was the question again? lol. :)

I'll add ride AD ASAP. Wind, weather, may shut it down. I was thrilled we rode it the first few days, waiting in line somewhat. (10 -20min) because the last two or three days it was shut down due to weather.(hurricane we were clueless about) Best decision ever. At least on our sailing. It's something to consider, unless you have the GPS weather APP on your Sat phone. :p

Riders are forced together at 35-45 mph winds(no single riders)

Ride shuts down at 45-50 mph winds. It's not the ride fwiw, it's the staircase to the ride. You could be blown out to sea. lol. You'll see. lol.

Good luck to all.

Edited by bear3412

The AquaDuck is heated. Pools too. IMO you have now worries riding the Duck, or swimming, oops, I mean dipping, at anytime, regardless of season. The AD is between 72 and 78. DCL's goal is 78 for AD.

If in Port Canaveral in the winter the AquaDuck will be at least 74 degrees, even during a Polar Vortex. ;) Depending on winds/weather you may freeze when you exit, once wet, but .... You will also freeze while waiting in line 200 feet above sea level in that wind tunnel staircase. :D Well depending on season.

Others burn there feet and skin waiting in line in the summer. Life is a vicious cycle. Now what water temp they feel is appropriate is another story. Oh, wait you already heard it. lol. And whether it's at a comfortable temp when you ride is another story. Heavy winds and conditions hampers the heating too, and the body affects.

Don't forget to smile for the picture on the second dip, "if operable".

Your should notice a flash if possibly operable.

Check the kiosk in shutters for the AD pics, using you KTTW card, and the walls for the prints too. No one tells you this.

These water temps, including the AquaDuck, are displayed on the "ship" channel, along with temps in the other pools, and Splash Zones, in addition to apparent winds, heading, and such. No wave heights are displayed though anymore. :(

I "felt" the display was accurate. The AquaDuck never posted a temp below 73 degrees F on our Oct sailing. It averaged 76 fwiw. IMO There was no logical pattern to the temps on the AD. It ranged between 78 and 74. IOW it wasn't like at night the temp was 73 degrees. Or during the day it was always 78 degrees in sunshine. No pattern whatsoever. It fluctuated. lol. Actually now that I think about it, the warmest was at night. IIRC It was great.

Oh, BTW you must ride AD at night with the lights. Wow. Totally different than the day. Well at least for a dull 40 y/o. lol

Now whether they fail to heat summer sailings, and the temp falls below that I'll never know. Can't afford it. lol. Which is fine unless exposed to wind, then brutal sunshine. It's the variance that hurts.

What was the question again? lol. :)

I'll add ride AD ASAP. Wind, weather, may shut it down. I was thrilled we rode it the first few days, waiting in line somewhat. (10 -20min) because the last two or three days it was shut down due to weather.(hurricane we were clueless about) Best decision ever. At least on our sailing. It's something to consider, unless you have the GPS weather APP on your Sat phone. :p

Riders are forced together at 35-45 mph winds(no single riders)

Ride shuts down at 45-50 mph winds. It's not the ride fwiw, it's the staircase to the ride. You could be blown out to sea. lol. You'll see. lol.

Good luck to all.

Are you sure its heated? Where did you read that? Our pool in Florida stays at 73 in the winter and it is not heated. Thats just the ambient temperature. If they heated it it should be in the 80's.

As posted above they show the AD temp and pools temps on your tv in stateroom. We just got off the Fantasy one week ago today I always checked before we went I don't like cold water

Edited by kheitt

It was about 73 when I went on, trust me that is NOT heated. When you hit that first bump and the water shoots up your back, you will see. Past there it was a little warmer, I think that might be where the pump in fresh.

I should point out we still rode it 6 or 7 times over 4 days...

I agree. I thought it was cold when it was 75. Folks without pools think 75 sounds warm but trust me, it is not! A heated pool in Florida would be around 82. I keep my pool heated to 86 year round and that is perfect for me. The good news is the "Duck" is so fun it really doesn't matter.

Are you sure its heated? Where did you read that? ....

Beside the other cruise board, I don't recall? ? ?

Found this tough.

from; http://blog.silive.com/goofy_about_disney/2011/02/disney_dreams_aquaduck_making_a_big_splash.html

"AquaDuck's water, by the way, is heated to a constant 82 degrees."

from; http://www.examiner.com/article/top-5-reasons-disney-s-newest-ship-is-a-dream-come-true

"Water in the AquaDuck is heated"

HTH

It can be, but it wasn't. Honestly the day was hot enough that it didn't need to be either..

Beside the other cruise board, I don't recall? ? ?

Found this tough.

from; http://blog.silive.com/goofy_about_disney/2011/02/disney_dreams_aquaduck_making_a_big_splash.html

"AquaDuck's water, by the way, is heated to a constant 82 degrees."

from; http://www.examiner.com/article/top-5-reasons-disney-s-newest-ship-is-a-dream-come-true

"Water in the AquaDuck is heated"

HTH