Wheelchair accessibility to watch ships go out?

Mouse's Shadow

We will be staying on 17 St in Ft. Lauderdale. I've seen people on the beach watching the ships go out. Is there anywhere that is accessible by wheelchair?

Maybe you could check the place you are staying at, I am pretty sure they could tell you the best locations to watch the ships go out.

You can watch from the top of the 17 th street bridge. There is no boardwalk on the beach to the jetty. The closest beach hotel to the jetty is the Lago Mar. I think you could watch from the pool area. I was told that the walk way along the harbor belongs to the core of engineers and should be public and there are a couple of benches along it. Just have not figured out how to get there without crossing over someone's property.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 weeks later...
We will be staying on 17 St in Ft. Lauderdale. I've seen people on the beach watching the ships go out. Is there anywhere that is accessible by wheelchair?

Take E Dania Beach Blvd all the way east, turn north and go to John U Lloyd Beach State Park. Once there, drive all the way to the end, the last parking lot. There is a boardwalk that takes you to the sidewalk to the pier.

We did this in November after disembarking the Eurodam, and watched her sail back out on her next cruise.

If we lived in the area, we would do it every weekend. :D