Rhapsody question please

We are looking at a cruise on the Rhapsody - first with RCCL - have only been on Princess so far. Which would be preferable - deck 2 or 3 forward and mid please? Quiet is no 1 for us. Also is there much difference between inside and large inside? Looking forward to trying a different cruise line. Any other info would be great to regarding the differences. Thanks in advance.

Hi, deck two is lovely and quiet. The beauty of forward is hardly anyone walks by your cabin, the worst is the movement and noise from the sea. My preference would be deck two or three mid ship, but that's just my opinion only.

Edited by wildweston

Hi there! I would go for either:

Deck 2 just aft or mid ships around the back stairs/lifts, for example 2575 - 2583 or 2603 - 2611. On deck two you will get some noise towards the front of the ship from the waves and also from the anchor when it drops. I have excluded the cabins right next to the back exit as on shore days you may get some noise if very close to the walkway.

Deck 3 I would suggest anywhere midships from 3539 - 3571, otherwise you can get some noise from above, or the anchor noise at the front.

These suggestions are both starboard, the corresponding cabins on the Port side would be the same if you prefer port.

The inside cabins on Rhapsody are quite small and I would suggest the large inside if the price isn't that much difference. The small inside has a single chair rather than a 2 seat sofa.

Have a nice time.

Cathy

We were on the Rhapsody at Christmas.

We were on Deck 2 - midships - cabin 2071. Lovely and quiet. Would book this deck again.

We had an inside cabin. This was my first cruise so I had nothing to compare it to but I was perfectly happy with this cabin. Beds very comfy. Lots of storage space.

Yes, it is small but I was sharing it with my two teens and we had no issues at all.

Used the tiny sofa for one of the teens suitcases (the teens didnt unpack) and I put my empty suitcase under the bed.

The Rhapsody was highly recommended to me for my first cruise and having cruised her, I would highly recommend her to anyone. We had a great cruise and the service was excellent.

Our favourite cabins on Rhapsody are in the block 3445 to 3465 - they are very quiet and because they are off on a little corridor by themselves are very private. No cabins across the hallway and no through traffic - lovely. I wouldn't book either 3445 or 3465 as these lead into the corridor so not quite so private, (but this is just personal preference).

We also choose deck 3 (not deck 2) - again just personal preference as we don't use lifts so not quite so many stairs for us to climb.

These are also midship - so the most stable of all places on the ship - low down and mid (my husband is prone to seasickness - and so far he has never had any episode of seasickness on any ship and we have travelled in some fairly rough water).

Just one thing about these cabins though - no fridge. Not a biggie for us but it could be a deal breaker for some. I don't think any inside cabins have fridges.

We usually cruise Princess as well and we cruised the Rhapsody last September...out first with RCI.

We stayed on Deck 2......it was nice and quiet but I would recommend Deck 3....not as far to walk.

Would like to reinforce the previous poster...there are no fridges in inside cabins. This was a deal breaker for us as we bought a slab of water on board....but could not keep it cold. Were offered a small ice bucket which was not really sufficient.

Check out the cabin reviews for the Rhapsody as well....that may assist you.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=79&category=N