20/20 story

Jimmy Geegitz

If it was a 4 year old kid at 11am that fell overboard and it took 20 minutes to decide what to do would you feel the same?

And regardless of her state especially if she was drunk and not properly flagged by staff the cruise line is even more responsible .Its against the law to serve an intoxicated person,(bartender for over 20 years here and I know the laws and rules)

Me personally not only would I feel the same if it were a 4 year old. I would want to what charges the parents were facing. As for the law it didn't happen on the US so US laws don't apply. And even if they did, you are assuming that she went to get the drinks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I saw the 20/20 report. It looked to me like she had been leaning over the rail. Where were her fiance and her best friend? When you drink with your friends, you are supposed to be looking out for each other.

I think Carnival got back to her as soon as they could and they did save her. She ought to be happy she is alive and grateful that Carnival did pull her out. Instead, she shows her gratitude by suing them. I hope her case gets thrown out and she takes personal responsiblility for her recklessness. No one made her drink or lean over the rail. Ridiculous!

Maybe not so ridiculous:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-american-dream-now-an-outofcourt-settlement,34972/

I heard Carnival will be completely removing the balcony railings in some cabins and charging a little extra for a new "Faster To The Fish" perk.

and, Yes... Diamond members will get that too!

Good one! :D This woman is so ridiculous, she doesn't deserve the attention this is getting. Getting drunk and stupid then wants to sue. Too bad people are suing for everything and anything they can think of. This is just sickening.

maybe she feels she'll get some settlement and maybe that will make her feel not so stupid.

So she should feel stupid because of an accident and the cruise line taking 20 minutes to search for her AFTER someone told authorities someone had fallen overboard!!!The cruise line should be embarrassed at how an emergency was handled

Just watched the 20/20 video clip. I think the previous posts have said it all. Recently returned from the Diamond Princess and a big topic of discussion with my party was how it's near impossible to "fall" off a cruise ship. As to her drinking, how dare she blame someone else for her irresponsible consumption! Both my nearly 24 and 30 year old daughters think this is absolutely ridiculous too. We all enjoy a drink but if we get drunk, it's no ones fault but our own.

So she should feel stupid because of an accident and the cruise line taking 20 minutes to search for her AFTER someone told authorities someone had fallen overboard!!!The cruise line should be embarrassed at how an emergency was handled

Falling off of a cruise line is never an accident. Never heard of someone who was not drunk or suicidal accidentally falling off the ship.

Are you the fiancé, or the DH:rolleyes:

You cannot be SERIOUS.......

She gets BOMBED off her arse, jumps, or does whatever and goes overboard, and you are complaining about how long it took the ship to find her???

She should be GRATEFUL they came back for her!!!!!!!!!

Unreal!!!!!!!

Sorry, but you don't just FALL off a cruise ship. It doesn't happen.

Secondly, a cruise ship cannot just slam on it's brakes, like a car. It doesn't work that way.

Hope they come back with a countersuit.

Are you the fiancé, or the DH:rolleyes:

You cannot be SERIOUS.......

She gets BOMBED off her arse, jumps, or does whatever and goes overboard, and you are complaining about how long it took the ship to find her???

She should be GRATEFUL they came back for her!!!!!!!!!

Unreal!!!!!!!

Sorry, but you don't just FALL off a cruise ship. It doesn't happen.

Secondly, a cruise ship cannot just slam on it's brakes, like a car. It doesn't work that way.

Hope they come back with a countersuit.

Well said KP. That guy is just digging deep to find some way to bash Carnival because his argument carries no weight at all.

Angine see the overboard story? The girl sas drunk. Cant believe she is suing Carnival

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I take it they are suing due to the delay in someone having to prove that someone went over before they turned around. I know if I saw someone go over and reported it, I'd be a bit perplexed as to why they wouldn't react right away, especially if it were a loved one.

Her saving grace was ID'ing the video of her going over, know the location of the ship at the exact moment it happened. That plus not being in fast moving waters probably saved her.

Uhhh, no. She should feel stupid because she is...stupid.

The ship and the company have nothing to be embarrassed about. They found an idiot in the middle of the ocean and that's a difficult task.

Well said KP. That guy is just digging deep to find some way to bash Carnival because his argument carries no weight at all.

And your argument has nothing except your opinion. I have been cruising for over 20 years and have never read about never being accidental overboards.I guess you work for the cruise lines and have some insider info that the rest of the world doesn't get to see ;)

The ship and the company have nothing to be embarrassed about. They found an idiot in the middle of the ocean and that's a difficult task.

So everyone who does something stupid IS stupid? I guess we are all stupid.

I beg to differ.Because someone gets drunk does not mean they are stupid or an idiot

It would have been less difficult if they looked when they were alerted 20 minutes before the captain knew of it happening :)

I beg to differ.Because someone gets drunk does not mean they are stupid or an idiot

It would have been less difficult if they looked when they were alerted 20 minutes before the captain knew of it happening :)

Right. I've been drunk before and didn't consider my self stupid or an idiot. But I didn't decide to go for a swim in the ocean either. That would have been real stupid of me.

No.

She was suspected of being stupid when she went over. She confirmed stupid with the lawsuit. This is patently obvious.

Looks to me she walked right into the balcony railing full speed and went over. Wonder if her door was propped open with a bungee cord or equivalent.

Drunk people do that to walls too. I believe bartender on land are not allowed to serve obviously drunk people. How many LIIT does it take to get drunk, BTW?

Looks to me she walked right into the balcony railing full speed and went over. Wonder if her door was propped open with a bungee cord or equivalent.

Drunk people do that to walls too. I believe bartender on land are not allowed to serve obviously drunk people. How many LIIT does it take to get drunk, BTW?

Bartenders on shore stop serving so they won't drive away drunk. That's not in play on the ship.

This stupid person did something stupid and she thinks Carnival Corp didn't rescue her fast enough. She should go to church and light a candle.

Humankind needs to hope that people as stupid as her do not procreate.

And your argument has nothing except your opinion. I have been cruising for over 20 years and have never read about never being accidental overboards.I guess you work for the cruise lines and have some insider info that the rest of the world doesn't get to see ;)

He's an incorrigible Carnival apologist, but in this instance I agree with him. It's a first. ;)